Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Vista SP2 conspiracy?
  • mtbmatt
    Free Member

Vista SP2 has decided to install itself on my PC and I notice immediately that it has gone super slow!

Nothing to do with the all new, much faster, super duper Windows 7 been released I bet?

Well either way it has worked, I'll probably get it to regain some speed.

GrahamS

Wasn't Service Pack 2 released back in May?

stumpyjon

Only just come through on the automatic updates last week, haven't noticed any slow down yet, undoubtedly will now someone's mentionned it.

4ags4
    Free Member

had a very similar problem, my internet connection has gone to crawling speed since SP2 installed

DM52
    Free Member

the Vista service pack update forces your PC to rebuild it's superfetch data that had been built up by indexing you hard disk and compiling commonly launched applications. This data is used to preload into what otherwise would be wasted memory programs Vista thinks you are going to launch next thereby decreasing loading times. Incidentally, if more memory is required for running applications some of the data superfetch data is dropped from memory.

In short, your machine should get more snappy the more you use it. – That is the Microsoft theory anyway! 🙂

avdave2

Who'd of thought Vista could get even slower!

dangerousbeans
    Free Member

Vista has always been fine on my low spec laptop, mind you I don't ask it to much beyond browsing, photos and word processing.

Not noticed any slowdown with the SP2 from automatic updates this week.

Drac

Mine updated last week and made no difference to my laptop.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘Vista SP2 conspiracy?’ is closed to new replies.