Viewing 22 posts - 1 through 22 (of 22 total)
  • Virgin broadband speed upgrade
  • thekingisdead
    Free Member

Has anyone successfully had there speed doubled with the free upgrade? I’m already supposed to have gone to 20mgb/s but am still stick at 10mgb/s.

Yours,
    Impatient.

adam1330
    Free Member

I have down in Kent, from 50 to 100.

seven
    Free Member

yup 30 to 60 here, and it seems to be consistent as well 🙂

allthepies
    Free Member

10 -> 20 here.

Buuuut, I did lose all broadband service recently for eight days solid 😯

Is your cable modem one of the small black ones or the “new” Superhub (modem + built in router – lots of bright blue / green lights ) ?

thekingisdead
    Free Member

It doesn’t appear to be the superhub (it’s a netgear router/modem) but have read the superhub is only needed to enable speeds of >30mb. I just want 20!

footflaps

Yep 10->20 and I get all 20 Mb/s when torrenting…

craigxxl
    Free Member

Supposed to be upgraded to 20mb but Speedtest shows closer to 30mb

paulosoxo
    Free Member

I get 40MB upwards most of the time. The Superhub is a bit flaky though

craigxxl
    Free Member

I had major problems with the Superhub’s wireless connection. I now just use it in modem mode and a TP-link router for rock solid connections

mrchrispy

still on 30mb here on the border of the peoples republic of chorlton, already the a superhub thingy so it should be happening at somepoint of the next few months.

jon1973
    Free Member

according to their website, I won’t be upgraded for ages

We estimate your area will be ready between:
    March 2013 and August 2013

Another year in fact…

upgrade schedule

iain1775
    Free Member

I was meant to be upgraded in July, checked the other week and it was put back to December
    Just checked again and it’s now saying December-February 2013 🙁
    On plus side I complained about loosing wifi the other week and they send me out a replacement superhub, their customer service was actually really good, which amazed me, first time ever!

matt_outandabout

😐

Philby

On plus side I complained about loosing wifi the other week and they send me out a replacement superhub, their customer service was actually really good, which amazed me, first time ever!

Had an identical experience a couple of weeks ago – what has got into these telecom companies who used to lead the way in appalling customer service???

mrmo
    Free Member

Could be better, but i’ll survive.

One thing i would suggest, change the channel on the router if it isn’t as fast as you expect. Seemed to make a big difference for me

takisawa2

Modem has to be off for at least 10mins to pick up the upgrade. This is what an engineer told me last time the speed was upgraded.

druidh
    Free Member

Sounds reasonable. It would likely need to pick up a new IP address.

thekingisdead
    Free Member

Hmmmm my modem was off for 7 days last week when I was on holiday. Time for an infuriating phone all to VM me thinks 🙁

xiphon
    Free Member

I’m lucky if I get 2.5Mb here…. crappy Virgin National ADSL…

swampi
    Free Member

my area was upgraded a few months ago but i still hadnt received the speed increase contacted them on the chat box part of website and they did it there and then, didnt even need to reset my modem, so chat to them via net or phone

cp

10 to 20 here.

Zoolander
    Free Member

Changed mine from 30 to 60 last week.
    Can only get about 30-35 over wireless, which was expected tbh. But the wired connection to the tv/blu ray is running at the full 60. Can’t get a wired connection to the pc to work though. It’s infuriating.

Viewing 22 posts - 1 through 22 (of 22 total)

The topic ‘Virgin broadband speed upgrade’ is closed to new replies.