Viewing 26 posts - 161 through 186 (of 186 total)
  • Videos in threads…
  • andytherocketeer

Browsers tend to have autoplay on by default, at least that’s my recent experience of 1 Firefox install and 2 Brave browsers on Linux, plus Brave on Android. And on most of those they try to make it awkward to find the setting.
    I only saw vids when I was testing stuff out in incognito mode with all extensions disabled. And more cookies than a McVities factory.
    edit: but I do see the empty ezoic placeholder for the video, when logged in and fully paid up.

bearnecessities

I’ve nailed when it happens.

It’s every time I come from a Google search into the forum – video after second post without fail.

Doesn’t happen once in the forum and navigating about.

If that’s of any use to the hamsters.

Latest android/chrome etc.

leffeboy

looks like they are back.  Does anyone know how to switch them off if you are a member?  I’ve done the 80s computer game thing of clicking everywhere and opening every setting i can find but I just can’t see how to do it :(.

Pieface

There’s pop-ups now too ☹️

DickBarton

A couple guess as I’m not seeing anything, but perhaps – https://singletrackworld.com/account/preferences/ – however, no options there for videos.

DickBarton

Sneaky or just annoying?

Aware I’ve posted the last response before this one 3 weeks ago – I wasn’t getting videos in the forum threads back then, and likewise, the option to disable videos wasn’t in my Preferences, but that has now changed.

I’m now getting videos on the forum threads…so I go to my Account Preferences – https://singletrackworld.com/account/preferences/ – and select the option to Disable videos. I hit the Save option and the page reloads and shows that Disabled Videos is selected. I then navigate back to the forum and select a thread and videos are showing.

So I go back to my Account Preferences and the option to Disable Videos is no longer selected, so I try it again and hit save and the tick is showing…and put that on repeat.

Seems the option to remove the videos is not being saved…who do I email to flag this? Aware none of the team really monitor the forum (as they don’t like seeing all the negative stuff) but we also hear that not many people hear back when they email issues in…so are the emails being seen?

Pieface

I’ve jsut noticed video’s are back, gone in to preferences and done the necessary, but they’re still popping up, and the video’s aren’t exactly subtle either.

Mark

Andy is looking at why the controls aren’t working for you now.

Mark

It sets a cookie in your browser to detect that you don’t want to see the videos – in case there’s any cookie restrictions going on.

That’s just me making guesses. Andy is looking at it with proper tech eyes now tho.

DickBarton

Thanks @Mark

Mark

Because we are dealing with cookies here on our own site and then over in our Ezoic dashboard it takes a while for any changes we make to work their way through. It could be an hour before we will know it’s sorted. It being Friday, if it’s not fixed in an hour we will turn it off until we can fix it next week.

DickBarton

Videos appear to have been removed for me, thanks. Thanks for sorting.

Mark

We couldn’t fix the cookie issue tonight before our beer started to go flat so we’ve turned it off and we’ll look at it next week. The settings are saved in your preferences so when we fix it the videos will not display for you if you have set Singletrack videos to not show. Any other full members who would rather not see the house videos when we activate them next week can set your preference here https://singletrackworld.com/account/preferences/ and you won’t get a shock next week when Benji’s face jumps out of the screen at you 🙂

desperatebicycle

I’ve got those YouTube style videos with “Skip ad” on them that block you using the site until you’ve either watched them (yeah, right!) or hit skip..

Weird too, in the African music thread the YouTube videos don’t display under the right poster, all mixed up and random.. Chrome on a pixel this is. Bit weird

singletracktech

The preference option to block videos is now working properly for everyone ( not just admins) ..

preference disable video

.. remember to save your preferences at the bottom of the preference page.

scotroutes

I’m getting this in various threads now.

It never seems to actually load/play the video though.

I’ve just updated my Preferences so will wait to see if that banishes it 😉

ready

⬆⬆  I’m getting the same

DickBarton

I was getting that on my mobile, not desktop…went into Preferences and made sure the Disable video was selected and saved my PReferences. Videos seem to have gone now, thanks.

Mark

It’s getting fixed now

DickBarton

Anyone else seeing that this thread on the main forum page is showing only 1 reply?

fruitbat

DickBartonFull Member
    Anyone else seeing that this thread on the main forum page is showing only 1 reply?

Yes to that ^

And I’m getting the that thing @Scotroutes mentioned on mobile (Chrome) and desktop (Firefox).

oldtennisshoes

Annoying

desperatebicycle

The preference option to block videos is now working properly for everyone

Everyone? Or just Full Members. I don’t see dat button. I’ve got used to em now, skip em the same as I skip TJ’s posts 😆

dangeourbrain
    Free Member

Annoying

I was getting the same, as pointed out above though turning off the videos in preferences seems to solve it.

(I thought they’d gone properly – or at least had auto play disabled – mind as I’ve been checking a few threads here and there whilst logged out and hadn’t seen them)

dangeourbrain
    Free Member

same as I skip TJ’s posts

Ooooo Is there a preference slider for that?

desperatebicycle

My mouse scroll-wheel has it programmed in  😛

Viewing 26 posts - 161 through 186 (of 186 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.