Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Vented Shades………..do they work?
  • bigdonx
    Free Member

Anyone tried vented glasses – you know with the holes around the edge of the lens – Do they work??

Trying to find the best winter nights no-mud-in-the-eye-but-still-able-to-see option.

Mofo shades keep steaming up so I can't see where I'm going – or I take them off for the climb, get a bit over excited at the top and forget them for the down – mud in the eye – still can't see……..

fisha
    Free Member

they do a bit but its no magic effect. The best thing is to pull the glasses forward on your nose a little to let them clear.

More than anything, to clear glasses you need airflow into your face. Climbing in still air around your body, regardless of vents or not makes mine mist up.

robarnold
    Free Member

I've got vented Oakley Radar Path lenses. They're expensive but they make a difference, Steptoes are as good a place as any to get them online

bigdonx
    Free Member

OK. Cheers for the info – I'll look into them a bit more (so to speak)

rider217
    Free Member

+1 on the Oakley Radars. I use the range clear vented lens for night riding and it is sweet, not steamed up once.

Do the vented ones fog up when you stop?

I've got Radars with regular/non-vented lenses and they only fog up when I stop riding, but clear very quickly once I start moving again.

Tried some Jawbones on last week and they felt like the most comfy Oakleys yet. On my Xmas list 😉

peachos
    Free Member

i've just got a set of jawbones and used them on bonfire night for the first time. it was a bit wet but quite warm. they fogged up lots. look good though!

uplink
    Free Member

Polish the lenses with Fairy liquid – job done

enfht
    Free Member

Salclear works for me, imo it's pretty amazing stuff

woffle
    Free Member

I'm a fan – vented jawbones here – no problems with fogging though we had a really, really heavy fog one morning last week that meant I had to stop and wipe them clean due to water beading on the outside too quickly to run off. From previous experience I'd say vented radar's are also pretty good.

bigdonx
    Free Member

Salclear?? Whats that?

ourkidsam
    Free Member

?

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘Vented Shades………..do they work?’ is closed to new replies.