Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • mistake, sorry
  • Kryton57

Vortexracing

IMHO yes.

I’ve had 2 ventana’s and they are very good.

Extremely well built and stiff as hell.

Mine were the X5 but the geometry and suspension was the same as an El Ciclon especially the grey one.

2004 model

IMGP0308 by eastham_david, on Flickr

and 2009 model

IMGP0621 by eastham_david, on Flickr

machining looks like this

IMGP0608 by eastham_david, on Flickr

IMGP0610 by eastham_david, on Flickr

IMGP0607 by eastham_david, on Flickr

and to top it all AJR (Alan) from Riverside Cycles who import them is one of the most honest guys in the business.

takisawa2

Yes. Just sold mine, but the best FS I’d ever ridden. So stiff at the back, no flex at all. Tracks a perfect line on even the worst off-camber stuff. Somewhat conventional looks compared to the latest hydroformed stuff, but a truly great ride. Never ever felt mine was out of its depth. Had it set-up with Pikes & burly kit, & latterly Air Revs & lighter kit. At first it seems quite an active ride, & pushing it hard it certainly needs some Pro-Pedal, but then you realise the pace your moving at despite whats going on under the wheels. Took a lot of soul searching before I decided to sell mine, but I’m just not into the kind of riding the El-Ciclon warranted any more. Seemed a shame to leave it sitting unridden.

Had mine re-powdered before selling, & anodised the rockers. Cant wait to see it when its new owner gets it built up…

Picture 005 by pten2106, on Flickr

And ditto about Alan at Riverside, thoroughly top bloke. 🙂

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

The topic ‘mistake, sorry’ is closed to new replies.