Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Velobikes Grizedale- good for a hire?
  • Northwind

Off to the Lakes next week, staying at Bowness… My brother’s going to join me for a ride, we’ll need to hire him a bike so I was thinking over to Grizedale and hire from Velobikes, any better options or scare stories?

thestabiliser
    Free Member

Good bunch of lads, usually have some shiny shiny in for hire too if you’re feeling flush. Think prices are fairly standard. Ghyllside cycles in Ambleside are supposed to be alright n’all.

Northwind

Nice one, cheers! Yeah, in theory my brother is hiring a fairly basic hardtail, in practice maybe I’ll lend him my remedy and take out a “test ride” myself 😆

thestabiliser
    Free Member

You KNOW it makes sense!

stevenmenmuir
    Free Member

I hope you’re not just doing the North Face trail. Some of the best descents I’ve ridden are in Grizedale if don’t mind navigating.

Junkyard
    Free Member

yes don’t ride the trail centre whatever you do NOOOOOO

Northwind

My bro doesn’t really mountain bike so it’ll probably be the north face, maybe a bit more around the forest. He’s going to have his revenge when we go waterboarding paddleboarding

stevenmenmuir
    Free Member

Strike first and strike hard.

honeybadgerx

A lot of the not-the-north-face-trail stuff isn’t overly technical, just really good fun. It might me he comes down it a lot slower and more carefully, however it’ll still be great fun for him. Plus, you can link up a loop with a pub in it! Other option that I’ve done with less bike-y mates is to pick up bikes and then go do the iron keld/loughrigg trails around Little Langdale and Elterwater which give you some ace views of the mountains as well.

stevenmenmuir
    Free Member

I did the Low Wray loop with my kids, great views and nice long descent. But you probably have to take him to Breasty Haw. Just because it’s your brother.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘Velobikes Grizedale- good for a hire?’ is closed to new replies.