Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • veiwranger on iphone
  • scraprider
    Free Member

Just about to press the purchase button but i need some feed back please , is it any good , cheers in advance.

Drac

Very good great little App.

mos

Well worth it. I’ve had the actual map for about 4-5 yrs nearly since it came out. It’s been on nokias & now on my iPhone just by updating the software. You Can just buy the tiles you want so you can customise your maps to suit the areas that you regularly ride in. I’ve got a 1:25000 one that stretches from Calderdale to the peaks.

loddrik
    Free Member

How does this compare to memory map?

Anyone tried the Android version?

frogstomp

Yup.. similarly to mos I’ve been using it regularly with the same OS maps since Nokia days..

I guess it’s ultimate usability probably depends on whether you are prepared to pay for OS maps.. although it does support a number of ‘over the air’ open source maps…

dan1980
    Free Member

Mobile Atlas Creator (version 1.8 i think) allows you to create your own os maps for free by downloading tiles from multimap.

Not sure if it’ll make viewranger maps though, I’ll check when I get home. I use Alpine quest on android and regularly use the is maps I’ve created.

CountZero

Same as mos and frogstomp. Bought the DVD for my shonky N95, then, when the iPhone app appeared I bought that and loaded half the UK onto the phone, from just north of Birmingham down, plus selected area of 1:25k. I also have UK Map, which is very good, it allows you to download free 1:25k and 1:10k OS maps, but there’s no ability to log routes. Very useful though. I’ve got 11.2Gb of apps on my phone, and a very large chunk of that is maps, with CoPilot added on. Wouldn’t be without it, it’s fantastic. I’d like the old panorama view added sometime, though.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘veiwranger on iphone’ is closed to new replies.