Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Vans – Any Ford Transit Experts/Owners on here?
  • nasher
    Free Member

Going to have to get a new minibus and am looking at getting a used tourneo (the current facelifted one from 2006/7 onwards)

I am a little confused about the engine size, type and gearboxes.

Am I correct in thinking that the 115ps and 140ps from 2007/8 comes with a newer engine and 6 speed gearbox? whilst the others are an older engine with a 5 speed box?

Also whats the difference in RPM/fuel economy when crusing at 70mph?

Should really post this on a ford forum but cant bring myself to be a member of a ford club

Ta

cbike
    Free Member

The Ford transit forum is the place to ask. look for mr Mpuk.

There are so many varaitions in transits that basing selection on age is no guarantee they are very similar. Towing diffs, gear boxes, engines.

A transit at 70 will guzzle so much as to be insignificant anyway. Vantuner.co.uk may be able to assist with an econmy remap.

wrightyson
    Free Member

Jan 2007 tranny here and five speed. It’s the higher brake version. Quickish and has never got much over 30 mpg unless it was the one trip back from a big night out in London feeling very dodgy driving home, never went over 65 mph.

nasher
    Free Member

wrightyson

whats the rpm of your van at 60mph?

wrightyson
    Free Member

Ill test it tomorrow for you because I have no idea! And I’ll look which model it is.

mikewsmith
    Free Member

Wikipedia has a good list

maccruiskeen

I am a little confused about the engine size, type and gearboxes.

You’d be right to be confused, theres roughly 100 different transit configurations. I hire them all the time, never had two the same.

porter_jamie

there are over 3 million transit combinations…

wrightyson
    Free Member

Mine is a130 t280
    At 60 mph it’s doing 2300 rpm which is virtually bang in the middle of the green zone on the rev counter.
    HTH

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘Vans – Any Ford Transit Experts/Owners on here?’ is closed to new replies.