Viewing 25 posts - 1 through 25 (of 25 total)
  • Vandalised car
  • tails
    Free Member

So some sad f**ker who I would like to damage did this to my car last night. Can someone tell if I can just get the replacement parts from halfords, or do I need to go to a scrap yard to get the parts as I can’t tell how damaged it is, as I know nothing about cars.

Should I report it to the police? The car has been broken into twice, I left it unlocked as it’s a very low value car. Unfortunately this time it was locked so I presume they decided to damage it, why they would break into a car worth next to nothing i don’t know.

I’ve now got the fun job of clearing the garage on a sunday, would love

BobaFatt
    Free Member

scrappies……there are a few online places you can use

http://www.1stchoice.co.uk/

http://www.breakeryard.com/

tails
    Free Member

Am I right thinking I need both front and rear wiper arms?

somafunk

If there’s no scrappy near to you then try 24/7 Ford Ka spares, shouldn’t cost much more than £20-25 plus postage for all three wiper arms. I’ve used the above folk for various 2nd hand parts for all sorts of cars.

Mindless vandalism (as opposed to thoughtful?) to personal possessions pi$$es me off, personally i’d like to break their fingers so they’d think twice about doing it again.

blurty

If you can find the rear arm, you should be able to click it back on.

Get the fronts from a scrap dealer, or eurocarparts/similar. Halfords if you need the car immediately (But you might be lucky to find them in stock)

What a bummer.

falkirk-mark

Can you not bend the front back into position (at least for time being)

Slogo
    Free Member

lock your **** car!

tails
    Free Member

These will do I think http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/ford-ka-front-wiper-arms-fits-96-to-08-mk1s-used-pair-/271061837227?pt=UK_CarsParts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM&hash=item3f1c8b65ab#ht_500wt_1205

I will try and bend them back, just a pain.

lock your **** car!

When the car was unlocked they looked in the glove box to find nothing, when I locked the car this happened.

slowoldgit
    Free Member

I guess you’re new to this. If you do a bodge, don’t have any metal parts touching the windscreen. Once you use the wipers, that will leave a permanent scar.

tails
    Free Member

Thanks for the tip.

wrightyson
    Free Member

Anyone else or just you?? Could it be someone is targeting your motor?? Aside from that go to a scrappers, will be far cheaper.

Squidlord
    Free Member

They are ****.

I can understand why someone might want to steal something. But vandalism like that is so pointless. Hope you manage to get it fixed without too much hassle. It’s the time you have to spend sorting it that’s most annoying IMO.

Are you going to report it to the Police?

andyl
    Free Member

for now i would just bend the front ones back as a rear is not that important and then get down a scrappy or look for one being broken on ebay.

For the rear I can’t tell if the plastic part that bolts on is also broken but there may also be a missing cap that covers the nut so I would get the whole lot – it will be locked in position with splines so will need a bit of a tug to get it off. Alternately is nothing on that bit is broken then you may be able to get away with not undoing that part. tbh a scrap yard will be the cheapest – offer them a fiver for all 3.

tails
    Free Member

I thought it was just mine but the lady across from me says they have targeted a few other cars and smashed plant pots. So I guess it’s a bunch of pissed up plebs, as opposed to a petty criminal.

I have bent the front two back and it seems to have worked and I’ll get the rear one fixed if I’m passing a scrap yard.

RichPenny
    Free Member

Someone did this to a car i’d borrowed once. Apparently flipping mirrors inwards is code for “this is my parking space, and i’ll break your wipers if you do it again” Who knew? Anyway, they’d used enough force to damage the linkage joint. Make sure they run at full speed for a while before using the car again.

rudebwoy
    Free Member

Common problem when students invade every year, not to say others don’t do stupid shit, but drunken ‘high jinks’ often are this sort of crap.

You do get reverse snobbery with some, see a cheap car, and get ‘offended’- how what jolly japes tarquin and i had on the way home 😉

hora
    Free Member

Sorry whoever did that has a perceived grudge against you. Have you parked in someone elses ‘spot’ that they normally park in? i.e. you’ve moved somewhere new?

If that was a drunken prank- the pisshead has STAYING POWER. If it was a casual vandal it’d be a key.

spooky_b329

If the rear wiper is removed completely I don’t think it is required for the MOT, so remove the remains and bodge a stem cap into the hole 🙂

sweepy
    Free Member

Someone did this to a car i’d borrowed once. Apparently flipping mirrors inwards is code for “this is my parking space, and i’ll break your wipers if you do it again” Who knew? Anyway, they’d used enough force to damage the linkage joint. Make sure they run at full speed for a while before using the car again.

Keep an eye on the spot to see if its always used by the same car, if it is you can make your own mind up what action to take.

jon1973
    Free Member

lock your **** car!

Yes, that’s going to stop someone bending the wind screen wipers.

CountZero

Useless scum, oxygen is wasted on them.

rudebwoy
    Free Member

Useless scum, oxygen is wasted on them.

Wrong thread, you want the tory one

voodoo_chile

Wait in the car and torture them as soon as they touch the car

woody2000

I feel your pain tails, we’ve had 6 incidents in 18 months including wipers off, keyed & dented panels and last week was a broken window with no sign of anyone having actually been in the car so guess just vandalism again. We live on a “pub” route so guessing just pissed idiots, but maybe I’ve upset someone – who knows. Time for cctv or something I think 🙁

Viewing 25 posts - 1 through 25 (of 25 total)

The topic ‘Vandalised car’ is closed to new replies.