Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Vallnord off piste??
  • ianv
    Free Member

Long shot but, hoping someone who has been out wit singletrack safari might be able to share some knowledge.

Does anyone know of any lift accessed (non bike park) trails that don’t end in massana or sisphony?
    Does anyone know where the trail down to the campsite at xixerella starts?
    Is there any trails down to pal from the col de botella?

Cheers

iridebikes
    Free Member

I’d be interested to know this as well as I’m going there on Friday!

doug_basqueMTB.com

There are loads of off-piste trails that end up right back in town. Last time I was there I pretty much only rode those trails, we were riding with a local girl called SoSo who ran CG´s skills school back then, that was about 4 years ago, and I think she offers some guiding. She was fantastic, spoke English, knew all the trails and as you would expect she was a pretty handy rider.

munrobiker
    Free Member

I’m going out there on Friday too and have been trying to find a nice big mountain route nearby- there’s a few on Strava if you click on “explore” but the majority seem to be the main bike park runs.

Martin from Singletrack Safari said there isn’t a great deal there like that (which he’s found) and the local maps are next to useless. There must be some exciting hiking trails somewhere, though- I was just going to ask in tourist information when I arrive. If I find anything I’ll report back.

iridebikes- are you going out with Singletrack Safari?

ianv
    Free Member

A local I know has offered to mark some trails on my map. Apparently there is a load of stuff from the col d’ordino ( needs an uplift) and stuff that goes from the top lift over towards arinsal.

If anyone needs info ask at the bongo (I should be still around) in the carpark and I can at least tell you where some of the good stuff into massana is.

munrobiker
    Free Member

Ian, that’d be cool. Have you got an e-mail address?

tyredbiker
    Free Member

Just so you are aware- Munro and iridebikes- you are going together!!

munrobiker
    Free Member

FFS. I didn’t realise we had more than one singletrack member in our bunch. I hope we don’t spend the weekend discussing wheel sizes and thumbshifters…

I’ve found this, not sure if it’s any good or not but at least we know other riders are using them.

http://www.bikemap.net/en/regional/Andorra/Andorra/La+Massana/#/z13/42.54726,1.51697/terrain

tyredbiker
    Free Member

Sweet- there’s a walkers map on the vallnord website as well- not sure how legit the walkers trails are? Shall I be bringing my half-lid too?

munrobiker
    Free Member

I’ve packed mine.

ianv
    Free Member

Walkers trails are fair game. A lot of the off piste I have been shown starts at a sign ” no Mtb”. Andorrans are pretty cool about stuff like that 🙂

iridebikes
    Free Member

Hey guys! Yeah I’m really keen to ride stuff other than the bike park, even if it involves climbing! I know, I need help. has anyone got any info about the maxi avalanche track, as I’m keen to ride that

munrobiker
    Free Member

It’s meant to be pretty good and is one of the way marked trails I think.

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

The topic ‘Vallnord off piste??’ is closed to new replies.