Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • V Brakes…. talk to me.
  • cookeaa

Looking to spec up a basic SS commuter and I’ll need some V brakes. It’s been a while since I bought any Vs whats good theese days? avids? shimano still doing there parallel jobs?

kiwijohn

XTR still has the parallel push but that’s it. As good as they get these days. Avid Black Ops Ultimates for simplicity, if you’re rolling in it.

martinxyz
    Free Member

deore work fine. dont spend any more on something about to get covered in grime and salt.

loddrik
    Free Member

Best v’s I had were LXs, I found they worked better than the XTRs I upgraded to.

mtbfix

My XTR Vs knock spots off the Avids I use on the SS. However any basic V is as good as the others these days assuming you get a branded set. As good as the XTRs are I stick with Deore or what ever Avid are doing these days if it is for a commuter.

thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

I’ve used deore, avid SD5 and shimano no names recently, all worked eaualy well, even the non model number shimanos when mated upto cheepie tektro levers worked perfectly fine off road last winter (I quite often go to SS and V’s once the ground frozen).

ton

cookea……….quick heads up..i have a full set of lx vee’s going cheap.

epicyclo

Most decent Vs are about equal. Spend a bit more on your cables for a real improvement.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘V Brakes…. talk to me.’ is closed to new replies.