Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Used Canyon Nerve Am 9.0 frame + inexperience = drama
  • davvey
    Free Member

hi can anyone help?

I bought a canyon frame with a view to transferring all my old bits from my cannondale prophet and I have hit a snag; xt gears not going on, as I think the drop out is meant for sram and my xtr brakes are not playing either due to me not being able to get a bracket to fit them on.

I have bought a bracket for the brakes but it wasn’t right.
    I have tried fitting the rear mech but it doesn’t look right

any advise greatly appreciated

curiousyellow
    Free Member

What do you mean the “bracket” isn’t right? Have you bough a post mount adapter? I think both front and back are post mount for the Nerve.

Rear mech should just fit on the hanger no? Shouldn’t matter if it’s SRAM or Shimano.

Pictures would help.

davvey
    Free Member

ok thanks got the rear mech sorted that was me.

the brakes are still an issue I cant put pics on here for now I think I might have the wrong adapter, I bought it from CRC maybe lost in translation over the phone I have a disc brake mount adapter I think I need a “Shimano XTR M985 adapter for post type calliper” as I have just found on of those and it looks like it will do the trick.

thanks for your help

davewalsh
    Free Member

You need to be more specific. What diameter is your disc, are the calipers post or IS mount and is the frame post or IS mount ?

shackster
    Free Member

The frame is definitely post mount. So you need a post to post adapter for your rotor size like this:

http://www.hargrovescycles.co.uk/products.asp?partno=43212&gclid=COu5uKTmqLkCFXHMtAodCX0AIw#.UiJ3CKa9LCQ

The thing to remember is that a rear post mount adapter is exactly the same as a front post mount adapter. In fact you won’t find any referred to as being for the rear, which I think is a hangover from when most if not all rear brake mounts were to the IS standard. But don’t worry about any of that waffle, just buy one!

buzz-lightyear
    Free Member

do check you are mounting the calliper on the adapter with the adapter the right orientation, otherwise the calliper will foul the disc.

You may have the wrong size adapter for the size of disc.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘Used Canyon Nerve Am 9.0 frame + inexperience = drama’ is closed to new replies.