• This topic has 14 replies, 12 voices, and was last updated 13 years ago by Kuco.
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • USA bike shops that ship to UK
  • JohnClimber
    Free Member

Looking for a bit of a bargain I've used Wheelworld and Blyskycycling in the past but who else ships here?

Ta

unsponsored
    Free Member

jenson

GW
    Free Member

jenson

rOcKeTdOg

Aspire velotech

Jenson were great too

JohnClimber
    Free Member

Just emailed Jenson to check stock of what I want.

Any others out there please?

JohnClimber
    Free Member

Not mentioned above, but what I want is in stock, they won't class it as a gift but they will ship it here for free at

http://www.bikeman.com

Tyredocter
    Free Member

ridelow.co.uk do American parts/bikes and are based in Manchester

petefromearth

sure that this has been asked a million times before…

what's the deal with paying import duty when ordering with Jenson? looking at placing an order for some forks

poisonspider
    Free Member

A point to note: if you buy stuff from outside of UK you're not forced to be covered by any warranty. I know this is the case for Fox and RockShox 'cos I've checked it out before.

one_happy_hippy
    Free Member

sure that this has been asked a million times before…

what's the deal with paying import duty when ordering with Jenson? looking at placing an order for some forks

import tax is or was unless Cunteroon has increased it –

4.7% on parts 14% on Bikes or most of a bike (i.e. frame fork combo's)

The inport tax is charged on both purchase price AND shipping.

VAT is then charged on Purchase price + shipping + Import tax.

Tax'd on the Tax. Nice one Govt.

breatheeasy
    Free Member

Oh and don't fogret Parcel Force 'handling fee' of a tenner just to send you a letter saying they've got a parcel for you to collect (and pay fees for)….

chakaping
    Free Member

Oh and don't fogret Parcel Force 'handling fee' of a tenner just to send you a letter saying they've got a parcel for you to collect (and pay fees for)….

Not with Jenson. They used FedEx and you get your stuff and then an invoice for tax later.

Ordered a load of stuff last week. Email Saturday said dispatched, and it arrived Monday morning.

Better than most UK operations. Very efficient and helpful too.

petefromearth

the £528 forks i was looking at aren't looking quite such a bargain anymore. with 4.7% import duty plus 17.5% VAT it comes to £649

it's so tempting to try and beat the system! will i go to prison if i stick it to the man?

damn you Fox for being so expensive

martinh
    Free Member

I've used aebike, jenson, competetive cyclist and aspire.

Those that ship by USPS come in via Parcelforce which is a shame. However I have only ever had the occasional USPS one that has made it through under the import duty radar. Smaller items that get USPS'ed seem to arrive with the normal Royal Mail

Kuco

I've only ever got done on tax once when I ordered a load of Cliff bars when you couldn't get them over here. Even with the tax and shipping charge they still turned out cheaper than a Torq/power bar.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

The topic ‘USA bike shops that ship to UK’ is closed to new replies.