Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)
  • Urge endur-o-matic 3 faulty helmets
  • joeski23
    Free Member

I would like to know if any one else has had the same issue, I’m on my 3rd enduro matic helmet now, first one I noticed small impression / dents all over It after one ride, as I pressed my thumb in to the outer shell and it left another impression, i emailed urge and had a response back form Julien from customer support saying, this is not normal and he had never heard of this and I should send it back to crc, which I did, ordered a replacement, only to find as I checked by pushing my thumb into it, it left a impression on the shell, so sent it back and emailed Julien at urge again, with no response this time. So 3rd time lucky! ordered another to my amazement, the same problem, again emailed urge this time I got a response asking for pictures, so I sent pictures, then I got the most shocking email back from Julien basically saying he and the guys in the factory have looked at the pics and don’t believe I made the impressions with my thumb and should send the helmet back and choose another brand if im not happy. What horrendous customer service, especially as its a very important piece of safety kit, I thought they might want to look into this issue further. I sent a video in the end of me pushing my thumb into the helmet, and still waiting for a apology. Basically don’t buy a urge
    helmet.

pitchpro2011
    Free Member

But they look really good lol

joeski23
    Free Member

That’s the problem, I don’t like any other helmets really.

5thElefant
    Free Member

Link to video?

skeetsgb
    Free Member

just tried it on mine, no impression. hard as nails actually.

got a link to the vid ?

joeski23
    Free Member

Went to cannock today, popped in to the shop after and tried 2 more in their shop and same thing happened, seems as though they are the softest around the sides and the back low down near the neck area. This is the 5th helmets this has happened to now. If you’re going to try hold helmet in one hand and push firmly down on the side can’t be just a coincidence it’s happens 5 time with me.
    How do i I up load a vid or pic from my ipad?

iain1775
    Free Member

What are your thumbs made of?

tthew

You went into a shop and damaged the stock?
    Are you pressing your steel fingers into the expanded polystyrene bits? They are supposed to deform to absorb the force if you smack you head into something solid.

edit – you can’t upload stuff directly to the forum, you’ll need to put your film on you-tube or vimeo and use the Video button on the posting window to embed it.

ernie_lynch
    Free Member

popped in to the shop after and tried 2 more in their shop and same thing happened

Did you try the dent test on any other brands ?

joeski23
    Free Member

Yes I tried most of the other helmets in the shop with no effect.

mikewsmith
    Free Member

The lids should have made it back to Urge, in the end your issue should be dealt with by CRC – then they should decide if they will replace the lid or refer upstairs.

stufield
    Free Member

ruining shop stock is a bit off, especially if you didn’t ask first

mindmap3
    Free Member

Can’t say I’ve noticed the same thing with mine…the only issue I have is that everyone has one these days.

Singlespeed_Shep
    Free Member

IS this the plastic you talking about??

I have a couple of helmets where the plastic can be dented but the polystyrene remains fine because it is a few MM’s off the polystyrene. Apparently to help deflect some of the impact like a crumple zone. The dent shouldn’t compromise the preformance of the helmet as the plastic is only really there for cosmetic.

Similar to pushing hard onto the bonnet of a car. your going to put a dent in it.

Your first helmet sounds like it was a fault, the others, just you being awkward.

I also hope you spoke to the shop.

julianwilson
    Free Member

fwiw I just had a squeeze of wife’s s/m size jonnier edition, and it seems to be as firm all over as any other in-moulded helmet I have had. If i went at it with something hard and a bit heavy or pointy I am sure like any xc (not hardshell or dirt potty lid) helmet I would dent/damage it but this does not seem to be what the OP describes with his thumb and I certainly couldn’t manage it with the one I just tried.

nigelb001
    Free Member

I hope this thread doesn’t trigger a spate of random helmet poking incidents at bike shops nationwide. 🙄

legend
    Free Member

I’m poking my helmet right now

nigelb001
    Free Member

Naughty boy!

Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)

The topic ‘Urge endur-o-matic 3 faulty helmets’ is closed to new replies.