Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Up can door fitting – one for the builders
  • wobbliscott
    Free Member

I’ve got my rear door in my garage from when my extension was built. I’d like to to use it to replace the wood side door on my garage. The only potential issue is that I want the door to open outwards and before it was opening inwards. Can I just install the door the other way round? I’m happy with the security of it as even though the hinges would be on the outside this is how my old French windows were, and even if a potential burglar was able to smash up the hinges (they’re pretty sturdy), then the door locking mechanism works on three sides of the door and has multiple latches on each side so don’t need the hinges for security.

Cheers

kayak23

Edit- you mean a placcy door, frame and all don’t you?
    Then bash on.

cheekyget
    Free Member

It’s never a good idea to have the hinges shown when a door is closed
    Router out he door so the hinges are as they should be….the worst you’ll get is you’ll see the old cut outs
    Yes I’m aware the door you want to use is metal probaly alu……use a dremel…. The gap from the hold cut outs can be filled using car body filler, sand and smooth then repaint

I hope this makes sense

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

The topic ‘Up can door fitting – one for the builders’ is closed to new replies.