Home Forums Chat Forum Unspoken battles with your other half…

Viewing 40 posts - 201 through 240 (of 344 total)
  • Unspoken battles with your other half…
    verses

I’ve pretty much decided that marriage is in fact just two people who’ve decided that a relationship is just shouting “what?” at each other from different rooms.

I recently saw it described as deciding to spend the rest of your life with someone stood in front of the cupboard or drawer that you want to use.

thelawman

shouting “what?” at each other from different rooms.

Which reminds me, she’s very prone to ejaculating “Eh?” when she hasn’t clearly heard what has been said. It’s habitual, she’s always done it, but for some reason I’ve become much more aware of it recently. And then remembered a general statement from my childhood that “Eh?” is rude and unnecessary. So, the current unspoken battle on that front is that I now completely ignore the word “Eh?” and wait for her to say “Sorry, what was it you said, please?”

Does the rhyme about “‘ay is for ‘orses” ring any bells?
    ay for orses

bee for mutton

see for thailanders

dee for dumb

etc

tillydog
    Free Member

But there are obviously 2 sizes of spoons.

Dessert spoons and teaspoons.

Teaspoons get their own little coral, within which THEY SHOULD ALL LIE IN THE SAME DIRECTION!

(Of course, if you also have soup spoons and sundae spoons, it gets more difficult, so best left for the butler to deal with.)

Cougar

Does the rhyme about “‘ay is for ‘orses” ring any bells?

This is what I can pull from memory:

A for horses
    B for mutton
    C for miles
    D for sa post
    E for brick
    F for vessent
    G for
    H for
    I for the Engine
    J for
    K for
    L for leather
    M for
    N for
    O for the wall
    P for
    Q for a P
    R for Mallard
    S for
    T for two
    U for me
    V for
    W for
    X for
    Y for husband
    Z for a wind

Cougar

Teaspoons get their own little coral, within which THEY SHOULD ALL LIE IN THE SAME DIRECTION!

From the looks of some of these photos, they have to lie in opposite directions because there are too many spoons to fit in otherwise.  The solution, of course, is that you have too many spoons.

Kramer
    Free Member

You cannot have too many teaspoons.

flicker
    Free Member

Front to back yes, left to right no, I’ll allow some to lie in the wrong direction to help those less able. You see some of us are correct handed, the remainder are right handed.

blokeuptheroad

This is true, because they migrate to the same vortex as 10mm sockets

binners

You’ve either got 30 or you’ve got none. There is no middle ground. I don’t know why. Withcraft?

blokeuptheroad

I see the like button is back, I’m going to have to go back and use it on the many posts on this thread that have brightened a dull day.

Trash gets pilled up on the kitchen counter next to the bin, even when the bin has space in it. It’s worse than a teabag replica of the Leaning Tower.

tillydog
    Free Member

It’s worse than a teabag replica of the Leaning Tower.

We call it ‘teabag Jenga’.

Kramer
    Free Member

Teaspoons should of course be kept in a beaker on the worktop next to the stove/hotplates/gas rings etc, handle down, for hygienic food tasting purposes.

Teaspoons should of course be kept in a beaker

Not that beaker!

nickingsley

>200 posts in a day!

Touched a release button ?

Kramer
    Free Member

That beaker would not be hygienic.

Kramer
    Free Member

@verses

I recently saw it described as deciding to spend the rest of your life with someone stood in front of the cupboard or drawer that you want to use.

Yes, on page one of this thread. ;-)

Cougar

Trash gets pilled up on the kitchen counter next to the bin, even when the bin has space in it.

I’d take that any day over “on top of the bin.”

I’d take that any day over “on top of the bin.”

Or the recycling bin! I don’t understand it, though; it gets moved into the bin at certain points during the day. It’s like she doesn’t want to commit to throwing it in the trash just then.

Cougar

We call it ‘teabag Jenga’.

I think I went to college with her.

leondemille
    Free Member

I recently learned we have a passive aggressive fork. Turns out this is a shitty wee fork that I get given if I’ve pissed her off. It really pissed her off that I didn’t notice this act on a number of occasions and wasn’t upset at eating slower

verses

Yes, on page one of this thread. ;-)

Doh!

At least I didn’t try to take credit for it :-D

onehundredthidiot

Soup spoons, I have a favorite yet it’s always hidden amongst the oddly shaped dessert spoons usually beside the good dessert spoon.

augustuswindsock

Ive just come across this thread and can identify with loads of comments, particularly the ‘hidey-tidy’

on dishwashers, I saw a meme recently,’in every relationship there’s the one who stacks the dishwasher like a Swedish architect, and the one who stacks it like a raccoon on crystal meth!”

susepic

Most of you are spelling cluttery drawer wrong by the looks of your drawers….

This organiser from that lad Joseph will mess with your heads. More teaspoons and stuff in the dishy (so we don’t have a plastic bowl in the sink)

To take the pic ihadto move Mrs epic out the way

20240815_215519

myti
    Free Member

No that was also in this thread!

I saw a meme recently,’in every relationship there’s the one who stacks the dishwasher like a Swedish architect, and the one who stacks it like a raccoon on crystal

I’ve just remembered a proper unspoken one I do. Favourite matching pair of bowls I use for a lot of our meals and one has a large chip on the edge from where other half washed it up so it’s always the one he gets his dinner in. Not being petty but seeing as we are unable to have nice matching sets of anything due to his regularly smashing the dishes against the sink it seems fair.

Actually I’ve given in more recently and gone down the grotty washing up bowl route to try to save future dishes. Having always been a wash up under running water person I can say it definitely uses more water but is more pleasant and hygienic and the dish drainer doesn’t end up boggin. I’m not chief washer upper but the Kayak hybrid method is what I use now and no way in hell is anyone only using half a bowl worth of water if you wash up under running water.

flicker
    Free Member

What kind of lunatic puts their spoons and forks in that way round ?!

susepic

Design fail, it’s the only way they’ll all fit ( which we only realised once we got it home)

tillydog
    Free Member

The sort who doesn’t wear socks with trainers (or wears those funny, girly little socklett things).

Couldn’t be doing with either!

singletrackmind

That cutlery drawer un organiser wants taking outside and burning.
    Is it from IKEA,? because it shouts of form over function .

joshvegas
    Free Member

We used to have a wandering pencil (not a euphemism) in the house. After being pestered for leaving pens and pencils lying around i took to bluetacking it in plain but not obvious sight.

Along the edge of the coving.

On the ceiling.

Under the edge of the tv

To the back of the bathroom cabinet.

Along the beading of various doors.

And the crowning glory… Inside the paper light shades so it appeared when the light was turned on.

It took a while to realise the “left on pegs” in sleeves and legs of all my clothes was intentional ?

matt_outandabout

Trash gets pilled up

Are you in the US?

akeys001

the car is our theatre of war

music – she likes tranquility, i like a rave (kids do too) – so music starts low then i use the buttons on the steering wheel to slowly but surely ramp up the volume – she absent-mindedly uses the volume controller (ok ok knob) to lower it – if challenged i claim (partly true) the car does it by itself as it gets faster. This goes on until she notices it’s got out of control at which point shel’ll press the knob to turn the stereo off.  We’ll sit in silence for 5 mins then when i go to turn it back on (the knob is the only way) she’ll (jokily, ish) slap my hand away.

Also when she drives she says she uses the ratchet thing on the side of the drivers seat to raise it by 6 lifts, but if i lower it by 6 lifts the seat is no where near my driving position so when i challenge the 6 lifts thing she’ll then add about 15 other seat adjustments that change every time aaargh

(edit just in case i use the car for work, she uses it very occasionally!)

johnx2
    Free Member

So, the current unspoken battle on that front is that I now completely ignore the word “Eh?”

Doing it wrong.  You need to sing back “you’re adorable”

Why can’t I find this on youtube?

Oh christ. And now I’ve posted on this thread. Whilst I can’t really get with you spoons guys, I feel danger

Do your worst. We do have more teaspoons

20240816_120810~2

joshvegas
    Free Member

Jesus for a second there i thought the pattern on the handles was a tesselated swastika

Harry_the_Spider

Swastika tea spoons? Now that is niche.

ChrisL

johnx2 Free Member
    Why can’t I find this on youtube?

<video>

Oh christ. And now I’ve posted on this thread.

It promptly auto-played with sound for me too.

Harry_the_Spider

How do you stop it auto-playing?

Kramer
    Free Member

And now I’ve posted on this thread. Whilst I can’t really get with you spoons guys, I feel danger

And so you should. There is a special place in internet hell for people who post autoplaying content.

Viewing 40 posts - 201 through 240 (of 344 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.