Viewing 40 posts - 721 through 760 (of 1,842 total)
  • Unhappy Sick Bicycles Customers. BEWARE!
  • CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

From FB via PB

I have waited for a refund from these cancerous polyps on the anus of humanity for months.In the end I took them to court and a CCJ was issued against them.This was also ignored and they are fast running out of time before the court appointed bailiffs turn up to seize their property to pay the debt.ORDER NOTHING FROM THESE LYING,INCOMPETENT CRETINS!!!!

Bonus points for the description in the opening sentence.

martinhutch

they are fast running out of time before the court appointed bailiffs turn up to seize their property to pay the debt.

They have property?

It certainly would be an episode of ‘Can’t Pay? We’ll Take it Away!” worth watching.

PrinceJohn

Wondered if this would pop back up again as they were live on insta earlier.

DrP

Their Facebook page lists their business address as a tattoo parlour over near Brighton. If it was me waiting for a two grand refund, I’d be inclined to go and hold their tattoo equipment to ransom.

But… It looks shut down, and there’s a commercial ‘for rent’ board outside it…
    (I cycle past it most days)

DrP

wwaswas

Do Directors of ltd companies have a duty to ensure that Companies House has an up to date address for them?

Serving a writ/sending bailiffs to a co where there’s no physical address would be tricky.

But also, as above, if the CCJ is against the company and they have no tangible assets you’ll end up issuing a winding up order against them to get the funds against them and I’d probably just go down that route first given their history…

tomhoward

Website still taking preorders,

‘Please note, this is a preorder, we currently do not have a firm date for delivery. Estimated completion date of manufacture is 29th May 2019.’

I note that says when they intend to finish making them, not when they intend to deliver…

Insta showing new projects.

At what point does this become criminal?

DrP

i possibly stand corrected… the for rent sign MIGHT be the building next to the tattoo shop….

But..it did look closed!

DrP

EDIT – I’ll cycle past there after work today!

Splash-man
    Free Member

i possibly stand corrected… the for rent sign MIGHT be the building next to the tattoo shop….

But..it did look closed!

The tattoo shop certainly looked closed up with a note in the door when I drove passed on Saturday.
    didn’t stop to see what the sign said.
    I’m sure this has happened in the last week or so.

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Please note, this is a preorder, we currently do not have a firm date for delivery. Estimated completion date of manufacture is 29th May 2019

For both “available” frame options.

As Marino is apparently making them, and and he hasn’t been paid for the last lot, and as there’d also be international shipping etc to arrange, 16 days seems just a touch optimistic. (12 working days, obvs)

tomhoward

CFH, i think the Sesh/Shrike are the 150 taiwanese frames, not the Marino ones.

Also, I think the Companies House registered address is their accountants address, not sure if that is relevant? (edit, that was changed to the tattoo shop a couple of weeks ago)

dangeourbrain
    Free Member

But..it did look closed!

I think this is a common theme with tattoo places, I’m always amazed to see people walk out of places that look like they have been closed for years. It’s not all of them but a significant minority seem to deliberately present the image of a squat to the outside world.

P-Jay
    Free Member

they are fast running out of time before the court appointed bailiffs turn up to seize their property to pay the debt.

They have property?

It certainly would be an episode of ‘Can’t Pay? We’ll Take it Away!” worth watching.

Do Directors of ltd companies have a duty to ensure that Companies House has an up to date address for them?

Serving a writ/sending bailiffs to a co where there’s no physical address would be tricky.

But also, as above, if the CCJ is against the company and they have no tangible assets you’ll end up issuing a winding up order against them to get the funds against them and I’d probably just go down that route first given their history…

Sadly CCJs aren’t easily enforceable, the ‘Bailiffs’ would just be debt collectors sending scary letters. The real power of a CCJ is it pretty much makes the owner uncreditworthy until it’s paid, which won’t affect the Directors personally.

They’re required to keep CH updated with an correspondence address. The address lodged at CCH is 193 Tarring Road, Worthing, England, BN11 4HN, but that could be a Accountants Address or just a Mailbox. There is no longer a requirement to lodge directors home addresses at CH, or at least in the public domain anyway – all the directors are at the same address as above at CH.

Forgetting it’s a bike thing at the moment and thinking as a (former) Debt Collector and Bad Debt investigator, if they owe you a bike or money, I wouldn’t hold your breath. The only way you’ll get paid is if they think that there’s any future in Sick, the moment they throw their hands up and call the liquidators in you’re done for, they’re insolvent and tiny – the liquidators will take the lot and still won’t come close to covering their fees.

The guy who lodged a CCJ was probably wasting his time, Small Claims / CCJ won’t force anyone to pay, not really – High Court would, but would a Bailiff bother?

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

CFH, i think the Sesh/Shrike are the 150 taiwanese frames, not the Marino ones.

My mistake!

Suspect China rather than Taiwan itself though, wouldn’t you?

tomhoward

Just going on what sick have said, for all its worth…

davosaurusrex

I was passing a few weeks back, the sign said they have moved to another premises almost opposite

FB-ATB

The anniversary edition page on Bird’s site looks likes they’re having a dig at Sick.

I think the tattoo place moved down the road a bit. Just further down from the new place is a 2nd hand bike place that looks much more professional than Sick!

sootyandjim
    Free Member

The anniversary edition page on Bird’s site looks likes they’re having a dig at Sick.

?

mick_r

I don’t see any “new projects” on Instagram. Just a pair of headtubes with badly drilled / rivetted badges.

I think the problem is too many skulls.

Needs more flowers.

I can do flowers – they’re easy, just 30 minutes with hacksaw, drill and dremel (probably quicker than a CAD rendering).

I also struggled “on shoring” this project as there was a puddle between the shed and back door.

It even has a Sick length seat tube, only this one was done for a ten year old….

brant
    Free Member

She looks older than 10 in that link.

tomhoward

?

Wow. We made it to five years old! Our story isn’t one of glamour, multi-million pound investments or being the latest cool kids.

Sick took the piss out of the forum/website for saying they were too cool for school, sick’s response was that you can’t be too cool…

joemmo
    Free Member

It’s easy to read it in that context but it’s pretty straightforward comment on what people would consider to be a good way to run a business.

https://www.bird.bike/five/

FB-ATB

Sootyandjim, http://bird.bike/five

Comments like making it to 5 years, not aiming to be cool kids; customer service;delivering for our customers etc.

Mick_r – looks good. Will it be one the “what I have made” thread?

pictonroad

I was passing a few weeks back, the sign said they have moved to another premises almost opposite

I solved this ‘mystery’ in noir photos a few pages back

muggomagic

Interesting that Sick say they answered all of STW questions and insinuate that it was down to the journo not telling the whole story (replies to one of the comments on the post below)

I’d like to see Hannah’s response to this.

View this post on Instagram

So about 2 years ago, we excitedly unveiled the first Gnarcissist. To say it split opinion, would be an understatement! We focussed on a few changes to conventional geometry that we felt overall would be a benefit. We were certainly not the first to try such extreme geo, but we did merge quite a few ‘out there’ ideas to push the limits. 29s were still pretty taboo, the idea of 29s on a DH bike, were largely laughed at, although the storming runs from Commencal later changed opinion rapidly on that. One thing we didn’t expect was getting absolutely hammered over the aesthetics. We had built the prototype to have the right attributes and that was the end of it. The forums lit up with photoshops of it with baskets on it, it’s a *girls bike*, so posing people off isn’t exactly new, “we were stupid bearded hipsters” who didn’t know what we were doing. Most would argue we STILL don’t know what we are doing. But we are trying to learn, trying to grow and for once trying to be a bit humble about how far we got in such a short time. And we wouldn’t have been able to do it without you guys. After the dust has settled I want to remind us and myself why we are here, because we love riding, because we like being part of something bigger. If we’ve let you down, we are working to make it right.

A post shared by Sick! Bicycle Co. (@sickbicycles) on

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

martinhutch

I’d like to see Hannah’s response to this.

I think we’re all capable of making a judgement on that one by now. Especially if they’re still taking those pre-orders.

stwhannah

Hello folks. As of now, I have still not received answers to my questions. I have not even had a corporate ‘we’re not answering the questions in detail but here’s a blurb’ type statement. All I have had is a repeated promise that answers are on their way.

You may note that in yesterday’s Instagram live post, Jordan said he hadn’t answered my questions because they couldn’t agree the answers between the directors.

If they agree some answers or send me a statement, I’ll put it in the story.

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

the directors

In a company of about three employees, this is a bold statement.

martinhutch

You may note that in yesterday’s Instagram live post, Jordan said he hadn’t answered my questions because they couldn’t agree the answers between the directors.

Oh dear. They can’t even keep the ‘line’ consistent for 24 hours.

Mark

There are four directors.
    And one CCJ
    So far

tomhoward

I’ve repeatedly said I don’t think this is a scam, just folk who don’t know what they are doing.

I’ve heard enough half truths, flat out lies, and now libellous/slanderous statements. This must be verging in criminal now. They know exactly what they are doing.

Smooth talking con-artists. Nothing more

newworldlobster
    Free Member

interesting the comments for singletrack are disabled/limited on that post but not for others. maybe the directors should have a morning meeting to remind themselves of what fibs were told in the previous few days

dangeourbrain
    Free Member

They can’t even keep the ‘line’ consistent for 24 hours.

I assume they’re trying to figure out if it’s “punk” to offer to fight Hannah, what with her being a her, or if it might be deemed a step too far.

stwhannah

@newworldlobster To be fair and transparent (and we really are trying to be) we just followed them and I think it may have taken a few minutes to update to allow us to comment.

tomhoward

Comments Blocked for me too, though not sure why, as I’ve never followed or commented on any of their posts. Can you open comments up to a select few?

singletrackmind

4 directors.
    They probably haven’t even delivered 4 frames this year.
    Sooner the whole operations disappear into their own backsides the better.

The lot of em need a good talking at by a responsible adult.

Nice idea but a pyramid selling set up is setting up for a fail leaving any punters out of pocket

Bez

I’ve heard enough half truths, flat out lies, and now libellous/slanderous statements. This must be verging in criminal now. They know exactly what they are doing.

Exactly. Like I said below Hannah’s article: when Hanlon’s Razor goes blunt, you’re left with Nolnah’s Razor: the exact opposite.

Incompetence doesn’t stretch to this. Their website is still explicitly taking pre-orders. They’re just shamelessly lying.

chakaping
    Free Member

Smooth talking

Ha! I don’t think Nigel Havers will be losing any sleep over that pair of jokers.

newworldlobster
    Free Member

thanks hannah.

it’s amazing, they say “all questions answered to both mags” then come back in saying the questions at the bottom of the article weren’t. can’t even keep the line going for a thread in a comments section!

oh, and it’s the toxic forums fault

Bez

Also I love the idea that two years ago 29ers “were still pretty taboo”.

A 29er in 2017?! Holy ****! Mind. Blown. Too rad.

Viewing 40 posts - 721 through 760 (of 1,842 total)

The topic ‘Unhappy Sick Bicycles Customers. BEWARE!’ is closed to new replies.