Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)
  • UK Bikepark – Closed?
  • Milkie
    Free Member

I’ve tried emailing and phoning but not got any response..

Are they closed for good now? Not much info on the site either.

fozzybear
    Free Member

closed ages ago didnt it?

xterramac
    Free Member

They had a big revamp last year with MucOff getting involved, dig days, a few new lines etc. Not been up there for a while but given all the rain we have had here, its probably still flooded so the up lift might be struggling ?

Dyffers
    Free Member

Happened to be on the bridleway next to the top of UK BikePark on Sunday morning…no one to be seen.

Weather wasn’t that bad, and the trails looked dry enough (compared with the bridleway certainly).

December uplift dates on their homepage are from Dec 2012…looks omnious.

st

The Facebook page seems to have some activity up until Christmas.

tasteslikeburning
    Free Member

Melbury Abbas Downhill over near Shaftsbury seems to be where it’s all happening. I haven’t had a chance to check it out yet but it looks fun and “by riders for riders” like the Bike Park was in it’s heyday.

boxxer7
    Free Member

Its still going but im not surprised your not getting anywhere, really wish Paul would sort the place out, im local and avoid the place as trails are tired to say the least it a shame as it could better than it was even in its heyday!

robbonzo
    Free Member

Anyone been to this Melbury abbas place?

Milkie
    Free Member

Bike Park Wale it is then! I’ll have to checkout MAD sometime soon too. 😉

robbonzo
    Free Member

Bike park wales is awesome, even without the uplift.

boxxer7
    Free Member

Tidworth free ride is worth a look

thedude
    Free Member

It just been posted on the Facebook page it’s for sale.

crazy-legs

http://www.ukbikepark.com/

From the website:

UKBP For Sale

Ukbikepark for sale! Closed until further notice.

Not been any easy decision but after a lot of thinking over the holiday period I’ve finally decided to sell the park. I’ve been cranking out the park for the last 10 years and need a change.

There are 3 possible outcomes –

1. Sell the park to a private individual – things will carry on a normal
    2. Sell it to club
    3. Sell everything off, flatten the trails, remove the car park and cabin etc.

What I’m selling is company the Ukbikepark Ltd, included within that is primarily the planning permission to use the site as a cycling venue with permission for the trails, cabin, car park, toilets, access track within the 22 hectares site – only Ukbikepark has been granted the planning permission. The land owners the Forestry Commission are offering a commercial lease for 8 years + to run the site. For the right to use the land with the uplift track, trails, start ramp, bridge, cabin, carpark I’m asking £20K. Other assets such as kitchen equipment, bike trailers, timing gear, toilets etc would be available to purchase on top of the base price. The max deadline is the end of March to have it all handed over and finalised. The FC are very keen to see the park continue and I will work towards making this happen. The park has great potential as really just needs finishing off – please only serious enquires only as this a massive undertaking a lifestyle choice with many responsibilities!

Email paul.h@ukbikepark.com

A big thanks to all you guys who have helped and supported the park over the years, it’s been great – lets hope it continues. Hopefully I’ll be able to ride the park in the summer as a punter for a change!

boxxer7
    Free Member

I just saw that on Facebook, can’t help but think it might be the end.

Milkie
    Free Member

Just saw this on Facebook… Someone buy it !!!

LoCo
    Free Member

20k for an 8 year lease :-/

boxxer7
    Free Member

20k seems steep for a cabin and short lease, it’s not like there is a good amount of good will attached.

Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)

The topic ‘UK Bikepark – Closed?’ is closed to new replies.