Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Tyres….
  • dr_adams
    Free Member

I am wondering what the deal with tyres is… i have been biking a little but one thing i’ve never really thought about is tyres, i have still got the original rockhopper tyres on my bike and they are nor probably a big worn but i am unsure what tyres to replace them with, Now wilkinsons sell them for like £10 what is the difference between these and some of the crazyly expensive tyres outthere? i did search but didn’t really come across a useful guide or advice, i understand wider tyres are going to drag more on the road but be better in the mud but is there certain types to be avoided? i never really minded my standard tyres and so have no real reference for such a thing. HELP!

Oxboy
    Free Member

What kind of riding do you do?
    Have a look on t’interweb for tyre deals, I got a pair of Specialized Fast Track Pro’s from Rutland Cycles for £20 (half price) last year, good for road, trail stuff but not mud!

buzz-lightyear
    Free Member

troll

dr_adams
    Free Member

thanks, I dunno how to define my riding… currently live in ed and so normally road or singletrack i suppose, but not really bog.

dr_adams
    Free Member

ok, kinda makes sense, does anyone tend to use slime? i use it in my inner tubes and also have the slime tyre liner things the extra weight to me makes sense given they protect me from punctures or am i wrong? can anyone say they;ve noticed a difference in resistance from different tyres?
    sorry
    just struggling to understand a substantial difference…

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘Tyres….’ is closed to new replies.