Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Tyres for a 2011 stumpy fsr??
  • renton
    Free Member

Hi all,

Really struggling to decide on tyres for my new build.

Its a 2011 stumpy fsr.

I was thinking of eskars again but they are not made anymore.

Then seen some hans dampf in the classifieds but the chap was selling them as they are to wife for his frame which is also a stumpy fsr!!

What do you other stumpy owners run and can you give me some ideas on what tyres to look at.

I know its all personal choice but my last 3 bikes have had eskars and now they dont make them any more Im stuck.

One tyre I really dont like is the high roller as I cant get used to the gap between the centre tread and the outer it !!

renton
    Free Member

morning bump !!

trailster
    Free Member

Specialized Captain on back, purgatory up front, its a stock set up on my 2010 fsr and cant fault them no punctures and lots of traction up and down.

renton
    Free Member

Cool this is one of the options I am considering!!!

I think there is a new 2.3 purg out to now so might pair this with a 2.2 captain on the back.

which models do you have trailster :- control or s works?

geologist
    Free Member

At the minute I’m running storm controls back and front on my stumpy, great mixed winter tyres, happy with them so far

crispo
    Free Member

I’m running nobby nics front and back on my 2010 stumpy fsr and I seem to get on with them very well.

mdavids
    Free Member

HR super tacky 2.35 on the front for 2 years now. Bit draggy and heavy but I’m so used to it I dont want to change.

On the rear I’ve had a 2.2 advantage up until recently which worked well in anything apart from sloppy mess. Just changed to a beaver after reading some rave reviews and so far very impressed.

stumpy01

Purgatory front, Sauserwind back works well. I prefer the Sauserwind to the Captain that came with the bike…(2010 Stumpjumper FSR)

seanoevil
    Free Member

Nobby Nics, tubeless on my 2011 SWorks FSR, with SLR’s.

tomaso
    Free Member

No idea whats good for you and where you ride but for me riding in the Lakes its dual ply minions 2.35 60a rear and 2.5 3c front.

cnud
    Free Member

I really liked the Purgatory / Eskar from Spesh but found they cut up quite easily which is no good for tubeless. So then I went Maxxis with Crossmark or Ardent rear and Ignitor or Minion front which works well but their LUST are actually quite heavy, so now I’m on UST black chilli rubber queens and loving them. Will be banging on the Bonty mud x very shortly though as its a bog fest around here now.

cynic-al
    Free Member

Terrain etc not get a mention?

Should I get different tires for my Heckler?

trailster
    Free Member

The tyres are both S-Works, I ride mostly lake district so wet muddy boggy loose slippy rocks.

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

The topic ‘Tyres for a 2011 stumpy fsr??’ is closed to new replies.