Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • tyre combo for a blue pig
  • lamo
    Free Member

Morning all, gonna be building a pig x up next week ready for a weekend in the lakes. Has anybody got any recommendations on tyres? Got to be trail type tyres as apposed to dh tyres as as we will be doing longish rides and i prefer lighter tyres…..i will be running tubes as my rims are not tubeless compatable. I quite fancy some maxxis but not sure what combination would work best together….

spudnick
    Free Member

im runnig maxxis ignitor both ends on my pig. they roll pretty well, grip great in the wet and on trail centre routes. come in lots of sizes too. 2.35 on mines (nice and fat)

nick

lamo
    Free Member

Nice one nick, i will check them out …are they big for 2.35 or small?

mikewsmith
    Free Member

2.35 minion 60a, 50/50 on weather DP for the rear depends how rocky and how hard you are going.

A combo that never let me down

Edit – That was my 456 setup when I lived there

BadlyWiredDog

I used to run 2.25 Ardents on my Pig – they come up big – front and rear when it was dry and stick a 2.35 or a 2.5 Minion DHF up front when it was damper – the 2.35 Minion DHF comes up small, the 2.5 is more like a biggish 2.35. Worked for me. Good balance of grip and decent rolling resistance, suited the bike.

Or Bontrager XR4s, used to come up massive in 2.2, but the latest ones are supposed to be more true to nominal size, though I’ve not used them. Again a good all-rounder, though I think the Maxxis 60a rubber compound feels grippier. Loads of clearance on a Pig out back, mate uses a 2.4 Advantage on the rear, 2.5 Minion front and likes that combination. The Advantage looks massive…

geologist
    Free Member

Minions on mine for all conditions and rides except when the trails become bogs.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘tyre combo for a blue pig’ is closed to new replies.