Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Tyre choice for wider rims :-)
  • mactheknife

Sooooooooooo, i popped a Trail boss on the rear today that has been in the garage for a while, unsurprisingly the sidewall is very rounded compared to the edge of the side knobs. These are 30mm internal DT Swiss rims.

Normally i wouldn’t be too phased but i am heading to Spain soon and i’m not trusting that with rocks everywhere.

So apart from the trusty Maxxis WT offerings what tyres mount up like they should on slightly wider rims. Looking for rear specifically.

br
    Free Member

30mm internal isn’t particularly wide.

Run Maxxis 2.3’a on mine, fronts vary between HR2 and Shorty, both 3c. Rear HR2, MinionSS and e13 dual.

wiggles
    Free Member

Ive just picked up some specialized 2.6″ tyres, according to that german website I cant remember the name of they measure about 2.4-2.5″ ish on a 30mm rim so should be a nice slightly higher volume version of the 2.3″ I usually use without being crazy big as the name might suggest.

mactheknife

Ah good stuff, a purgatory might be just what i am after.

Northwind

I just normal tyres, big tbh. The WTs don’t seem that different to normal ones. The whole 2.6 thing looks interesting though

richwak
    Free Member

Michelin wild grip r2 and wild rock r2 advanced protection and great tyres for wider rims and offer great puncture protection .

mark_rich
    Free Member

Wiggles, Which German site did u find the 2.6 spesh tyres ?
    Cheers

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘Tyre choice for wider rims :-)’ is closed to new replies.