• This topic has 18 replies, 14 voices, and was last updated 8 years ago by STATO.
Viewing 19 posts - 1 through 19 (of 19 total)
  • Two phones off one number?
  • spchantler
    Free Member

Is it possible to have two phones running with different sim cards, but the same number, one a smart phone and one a not so smart. I work in a brewery so its wet a lot of the time, mainly use the phone at work for the stopwatch and the flashlight, don’t really want to take a posh phone to work to get ruined. Too precious? Only talking about a 2 year old Samsung…

flowerpower
    Free Member

Would call forwarding not work?

scrumfled
    Free Member

Yes. O2 offer it to business users, but historically not to consumer users…. you could try asking in an O2 store.

Drac

Maybe take a stopwatch and a torch?

spchantler
    Free Member

I Would, if I could take calls on them…

grizedaleforest

VoIP can do this if your not so smart phone does data. But I think call forwarding is the obvious solution as suggested.

survivor

Recently looked into this and no one does the two sim cards one number thing now.

allthegear
    Free Member

I’d look at some Andrews & Arnold SIMs as they are essentially VOIP numbers. Two SIMs could both become “extensions” if the same VOIP-hosted number.

Tell aaisp.net what you are trying to do and they’ll sort you out.

Rachel

Daffy

You can clone the Sim with kit you can buy from ebay.

keng38
    Free Member

You can do it with two iPhone if they are both logged into the same apple account.
    Whichever number is rung both phones will be able to pick up.

luffy105
    Free Member

Dual sim got pulled by most of the carriers a few years ago now after car manufacturers stopped integrating car phones and moved to Bluetooth. Apparently it was a pain in the bum to manage at a network level.

I’m not aware of any that offer it in the UK any more

dannybgoode

AFAIK all networks offer call divert but some charge per minute for the duration of the diverted call, particularly cross network.

molgrips
    Free Member

Waterproof phone? Sony did a good one last time I looked.

Cougar

AFAIK all networks offer call divert but some charge per minute for the duration of the diverted call, particularly cross network.

Yeah, I did this years ago. Set up call forwarding from my own phone to my work one during the day so I only needed to carry one handset (back in the days when phones were for making phone calls), got a nasty surprise when the bill turned up.

Might be different these days depending on your call plan I guess?

spchantler
    Free Member

thanks for replies chaps, mucho help as usual

dannybgoode

Looking at the O2 info it will come out of your call allowance assuming the number that the phone is forwarded to falls within your call plan (so if you have unlimited minutes say and you are diverting to another mobile or landline it would essentially be free).

I know Orange as it was allowed free Orange to Orange / to landline as part of their offering. Don’t know now its EE.

A quick call the customer services of your chosen network provider should clear things up.

STATO
    Free Member

Correct me if im wrong, but you cant forward txt messages?

Daffy

STATO – Member
    Correct me if im wrong, but you cant forward txt messages?

Forward – no, but they can be received in two places.

STATO
    Free Member

Forward – no, but they can be received in two places.

Presume you mean by cloning based on previous comment?

I would like to do this to avoid taking iphone on rides. Annoyingly i think even cloning wouldnt work as many messages are received as imessage.

Viewing 19 posts - 1 through 19 (of 19 total)

The topic ‘Two phones off one number?’ is closed to new replies.