Viewing 28 posts - 1 through 28 (of 28 total)
  • Twitter
  • JCornford

Who is on it and who do you follow?

I will start:
    I'm on it http://www.twitter.com/jcornford
    I'm quite new to being a twit despite what some people might say!

Following a lot of the top BMXer's, the obligatory Lance Armstrong, top mtb photographers such as Gary Perkins and Sven Martin and off course Singletrack!

Junkyard
    Free Member

not on – in fact I have never even looked nor facebook as sometimes I just like to interact with people in the corporeal world.

fadda

I think the whole facebook/twitter/virtual mates thing is odd. But I am quite old and not very down with kids…

coffeeking
    Free Member

fadda – I think the two (FB and twitter) are two totally different concepts that can't be grouped like that. Facebook can and most often is used purely to keep up with real mates and share details about real events and laugh about real stuff you've done. Some odd people just collect virtual friends and do little else. Twitter, on the other hand, is just a method of people rapidly spouting garbage in small amounts to anyone who'll listen.

Junkyard
    Free Member

Twitter, on the other hand, is just a method of people rapidly spouting garbage in small amounts to anyone who'll listen.

must be lots of people from here on there then

Andituk
    Free Member

Why are people so quick to declare they've never used it? As if its something to be proud of? 😕 😕

Good for you..

Lots of big name riders on there, @stevepeat, @willlongden, @dan_atherton, @gee_atherton, @rachelatherton, @gregminaar, @BrianLopes, @HansNoWayRey, @Ratboy_Bryce, @AthertonRacing.

Obviously, all the singletrack staff, @GreatRock, @Shedfire. @MTBCut is good too.

@merlincycles, @18bikes, @StifCycles, @wigglebikeshop, @jejamescycles, @Chain_Reaction.

Loads of interesting people to follow.

IanMunro
    Free Member

I've looked at it a bit but to be honest I don't really get it.
    All I see is someone responding to something that someone has said, but no indication as to what they have said. Is there some sort of threaded view that I'm missing?

andywarner
    Free Member

i created an account a few weeks ago but very rarely sign in, whereas i'm on facebook all the time through my mobile. use it to arrange things, keep up with mates etc etc. on twitter i follow steve peat, hans rey and the obligatory stephen fry. plus a few other that i can't remember. i think it's pretty harmless really.

carbon337
    Free Member

@henrywinter is quite interesting. @BBCLauraK (laura Kunesberg during election was interesting)

The obligatory @stephenfry.

@18bikes.

They are all quite good if your using a smartphone as a bit of a time waster when on trains, loo etc.

scholarsgate
    Free Member

I'm surprised that nobody has mentioned Trek World Racings Emily Batty

miketually
    Free Member

I'm on there as @miketually – you can find the people I follow via that.

I think it's great. You might not.

clubber
    Free Member

I'm on it but don't ever actually post (OK, "tweet") – I just use it to follow various people. Get some good insights into people that you wouldn't get otherwise. If you're not interested in that then there's no point to it.

DezB
    Free Member

I follow musicians, djs, record labels. They give away free stuff via Twitter, they also let you know about new releases.

Not sure how I would get this garbage in the corporeal world, but if someone so clever that they don't use Twitter can tell me, I'd be very interested…

nickc

I'm on as @ridesawhitebike. It's a brain dump for some of my family who are rubbish quite frankly at the whole communication thing, bless 'em. There's some lush people to follow, it's a community like any thing else, innit

Dylan08
    Free Member

…who?

Junkyard
    Free Member

dez I am sure the marketting departmnent can think of other ways of doing PR for their products int he corporeal world they are just much more costly.
    Dont get me wrong it might be great what do I know ?I dont use it but I guess some people on here dont listen to Radio 4 we are all different we just happen to like bikes.

loulouk
    Free Member

Twitter. I've won tickets to Sonisphere Fest, goodie bags, Lush stuff, Kerrang stuff. I've chatted to ppl outside my normal friends group who don't 'get' mountain biking at all. I've possibly got a job out of it (I'm still waiting to hear about funding for the post) and I've been quoted on Rock Radios webpages. I've talked to MP's about the Digital Economy Act and why it's appalling, been inspired, laughed and had cute overload.
    YMMV. I'm @loulouk on there, feel free to add.

DezB
    Free Member

they are just much more costly.

Not as immediate nor quite as easy for me to access either 😉

Milkie
    Free Member

Are you after just MTB related stuff? If not…

@MsTeagan
    @Bobbyllew
    @Suziperry

Junkyard
    Free Member

you mean you dont read junk mail dez but you will actively seek it out 😉

LordSummerisle
    Free Member

I tend to follow things like Rock Radio and Planet Rock. a couple of bands.
    others are F1 and racing related and finally daft things like Guido Fawkes, eyespymp and Stephen Fry

becky_kirk43
    Free Member

I'm on it https://twitter.com/becky_kirk43
    follow a few people, and it looks like I have followers but they are mostly just companies trying to get a follow back!

FuzzyWuzzy

I don't tweet (not interesting enough :p ) and only occasionally read stuff when it's linked from news sites (like when Armstrong and Contador are comparing handbags). I can't think of anyone out there that's interesting enough I'd want to know what they're doing on an hourly basis…

noteeth
    Free Member

Andituk
    Free Member

I've looked at it a bit but to be honest I don't really get it.
    All I see is someone responding to something that someone has said, but no indication as to what they have said. Is there some sort of threaded view that I'm missing?

I presume you're looking at someone's feed page directly?

If you have an account set up, and you are following people, you'll see on own page all the tweets that are directed at you, directed at people you follow, or not directed at anyone in particular. All the tweets that are to other people are filtered out. That means you can see both sides of the conversation if you are following both people.

IanMunro
    Free Member

Aha!

armchairbiker

Your view of twitter depends on how you use it. I use it to follow certain IT analysts in the sector I work in. Ideal for that. In fact I get infor from my own company from it. Quicker and easier than corporate mails too

I don't get using it to follow random people who really don't influence or affect my life.

Ponny
    Free Member

@ponnymeister

I use Twitter to follow mates/MTB/cycling/work/other as categories and to post updates about my travels. I am so busy with work and family I forget half the sh|t I've done (small brain capacity…). I use Twitter in this way to look back and see what I did, when.

Also use it to post updates and photos to the wife if, say, I am on a day out with my 5yr old son in London

Viewing 28 posts - 1 through 28 (of 28 total)

The topic ‘Twitter’ is closed to new replies.