Viewing 30 posts - 1 through 30 (of 30 total)
  • Turner 5 Spot 2012 How Much
  • makkag
    Free Member

Im looking for a new build and i had it down to Turner 5 spot or ASR 5

Kinda made my mind up on the 5 spot for being more versitile and also coming with a Kash coted RP23 .. but was told just now that they had now gone up to £2200 for the 2012 frame !!!.. help me justify the extra 700 Quid that it costs from the ASR as im bloody struggling !

ChunkyMTB
    Free Member

New Spot is looking good. Lower, slacker, ISCG mounts.

I’m waiting until this time next year, should be much cheaper with blow out sales around.

wrecker
    Free Member

Strange, the US prices are the same from 2011 to 2012 frames………..
    Silverfish being greedy piggies?
    To be perfectly honest, that extra £200 could well be a deal breaker for me and I own a 2011.
    Chunky, I thought that the 5 spot 2011 and 2012 angles were same?

ikimbunza
    Free Member

Thats just made my mind up for me. Was going to hold on for a 2012 Sultan but if the prices are going up that much then i’ll stick with a 2011.

hora
    Free Member

Why not wait alittle while? Prices will soon come down. CRC or Merlin will get them first.

Seems daft to spunk out over 2k to be then insulted just months later with almost 50% off.

wrecker
    Free Member

Seems daft to spunk out over 2k to be then insulted just months later with almost 50% off.

😳

timc
    Free Member

hora – Member

Why not wait alittle while? Prices will soon come down. CRC or Merlin will get them first.

good advice

guess you know you will have good customer service when it breaks as many seem too…

makkag
    Free Member

Bloody right ! been after one since i missed out on the 09 frames on CRC .. Had trouble justifying the 2 k then .. this has likly tipped me over the edge ..looking more and more likely that i will be playing on an asr 5 for a while ..

binners

Just wait for Hora to buy one, get bored with it, and sell it. He had a 5 spot a few months ago and hated it

So…. give it about 6 weeks, he’ll have forgotten he ever owned it, and buy another one. He’ll realise after he’s ridden it down to the shops, and immediately put it on the classifieds here at a considerable loss, with 2 miles under its wheels.

You can’t lose 😀

hora
    Free Member

I sold it for what I paid for it. I always do that, pass on the love.

binners

do you never get bored of the weekly: strip week-old frame down/put week-old frame on classifieds/buy new frame/build new frame up/ride it down the road/decide I don’t like it/repeat…….?

I really couldn’t be arsed

hora
    Free Member

Not at all. I’m a sort of poor version of Mamadirt 8)

sefton
    Free Member

hey Hora, dont listen to him (you need some new friends buddy) 😉

….you thought about a Cannondale flash?

hora
    Free Member

What colour/size would you like me to order? 😉

organic355
    Free Member
    sefton
    Free Member

What colour/size would you like me to order?

hold fire I cant decide if a scalpel would be better for me (I mean better for you) 😆

ChunkyMTB
    Free Member

2010/2011 angles are the same. 2012 is slacker and lower apparently

hora
    Free Member

Love how they’ve bumped up the RRP.

The 2011 was £1,700. The ano was slightly more. Both CRC and them have done this so it makes you think you’re getting a bargain.

organic355
    Free Member

when do we think the 2012’s will be down in price then? A couple of months or are we talking the latter half of the year?

wrecker
    Free Member

2010/2011 angles are the same.

I don’t think they are. The 2011 is slacker and lower than the 2010. Also has 44mm HT and burrito gusset.

The 2011 was £1,700

The RRP for the 2011 in raw was £1995. £2095 in ano.

hora
    Free Member

2010 v 2011 is like night and day. Subtle differences everywhere but it all makes a more stable/different frame.

TBH I don’t see how cosmetic swoopy tubes and a slightly lower BB would warrant the price asked for the 2012.

The 2011 BB height felt fine.

I’d say wait a few months. Or test ride both the Yeti and the Turner in 2011 flavour first.

I really don’t see how any frame can cost 2k in aluminium.

Sodajim

looking on the turner web site the head angle was slackend by a degree and the head tube was shortened and went to 44mm in 2011 from 2010.

The BB hight and seat angle remained the same at 13.5″ / 73 degrees on both years.

2012 details dont seem to be on there yet

martinxyz
    Free Member

Or wait another year to get a better deal. I picked up a 2009 flux for £485 (+£30 of vouchers)

Riding it brings a grin to yer face as it is.. but when you look down at it and think “four eight five?!” it feels even better!

elliott-20
    Free Member

Damn, wish I picked up one of those 2010 Spots from CRC too, oh wait!

😆

hora
    Free Member

Hang on 485 NEW? NEW?!!

Gribs

What a crazy price. Surely if you wanted a DW link bike with 140mm then you’d buy a Ibis Mojo which is cheaper, lighter and more exclusive.

elliott-20
    Free Member

What a crazy price. Surely if you wanted a DW link bike with 140mm then you’d buy a Ibis Mojo which is cheaper, lighter and more exclusive.

And looks like one of these (or am I the only one that 1. thinks that or 2. actually remembers them

😆

martinxyz
    Free Member

Aye. I think it was 499 with 15quid off. I was told i would get £50 of vouchers as well but i shouldnt have got the £15 off for ordering it over the phone in the first place. So i was happy with £35 of vouchers to balance it out. So £449? :O)

martinxyz
    Free Member

Yeah,the Kirk revo spar under the top tube reminds me of it but i wouldnt say no to an Ibis!

The rear reminds me a bit of the Scott endorphin.

Viewing 30 posts - 1 through 30 (of 30 total)

The topic ‘Turner 5 Spot 2012 How Much’ is closed to new replies.