Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Tubeless conversion content: Tape?
  • vincienup
    Free Member

Ok, have a Joe’s AM kit I plan to use, is complete except I raided it for the tape (don’t remember why…)

Do I need anything special in its place or would Tesa ‘Stan’s yellow equivalent’ or sparky tape be acceptable?

composite
    Free Member

I used 1 inch gorilla tape and it works fine.

Northwind

Couple of wraps of good quality electric tape works- am I right, the joes kit is a rubber rim strip and a tape to seal the spokes? Easy job if so, so won’t be choosy.

Speshpaul

PVC tape works well but with bigger gaps Gorilla tape is rather good.

fivespot
    Free Member

I have used Stans tape, then bought some copy Stans tape. It is the same width,thickness (.0065″) and even colour. It works just the same…but much cheaper.

Superstar Components alloy valves with removable cores work a treat too 😉

vincienup
    Free Member

I have the superstar valves in my ancient sh Crossmaxes and they work just fine, like everything else I’ve ever had from superstar… 😉

The Joes kit is a big rubber strip with valve plus tape and goo. Similar in concept to a 20″ inner tube but neater… So yep, I figured the tape wouldn’t be too critical, but you never know…

Ta! 🙂

tom200

I’ve got a stans rim on the rear that I used proper yellow tape with, all fine. I’ve rusty had a go at converting my non tumbles sycros/Alex front wheel with just electrical tape and a stans valve and it’s worked fine. Make sure the rim is clean and grease free before you start no matter which tape you use.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘Tubeless conversion content: Tape?’ is closed to new replies.