Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Tubeless tyre sealant options?
  • flanagaj
    Free Member

I see there are both latex and non latex tyre sealant options. Anyone out there experimented with different options and if so can you share your findings.

Thanks

zippykona

I have had best results with the glycol one. Bontrager Super Juice. My friend is also a fan though no one else likes it.
    Had no joy with Stans Or Joes.

coolhandluke
    Free Member

Stans works for me.

Simon

Been tubeless for three years mostly using Stans although did use Joes at one point, both do the job.

AlasdairMc

Stan’s for me worked perfectly. Specialized has taken a fortnight of pumping up daily and it’s still not fully sealed…

Northwind

I use stans, because it works, and because sometimes mixing fluids causes problems so it makes sense to stick with the easiest one to find

PJM1974
    Free Member

Stan’s or Joe’s here.

Have tried Specialized, Bontrager, Fenwicks and Slime. By far and away the worst was the Fenwicks, utterly awful and stained everything blue.

JoeG
    Free Member

Stan’s since 2004!

nicolaisam
    Free Member

Stans and Bontrager used here,both work well

scaled
    Free Member

Stans just didnt work well for me. Tyres would seal and go up well enough but any punctures just pissed sealant out.

Joes seems to work better but I dunno – Maybe the peak district ripping nobbles off is too much for sealant :p

mikewsmith
    Free Member

Stans & Jo’s Eco one

sockpuppet

I always use JRA’s wheelmilk, very successful for me.

maurizio
    Free Member

The new incarnation of Schwalbes Doc Blue gets decent write ups and works for both your road and mtb set ups.
    (About to go tubeless for the first time so thanks to the OP for asking – can people expand on why the sealant is good/bad?)

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

The topic ‘Tubeless tyre sealant options?’ is closed to new replies.