Viewing 40 posts - 121 through 160 (of 2,739 total)
  • Tripster ATR finally built up – lush!
  • DrP

Jim – Took it for a quick 4 mile sprint along the Ilex and coastal paths!!!
    ’twas nice!

Just a bit of shifting ‘this’ a few mm up, and ‘that’ a few mm down, and I’ll be done.

Might give couldnine a shout to cut my steerer – he seems to know what he’s up to…..

DrP

timbur
    Free Member

I’ll badger Napalm to post a pic of his.

It’s jaw droppingly pretty!

birdage

nedrapier I thought the same thing about my Peregrine and sold it when I got the ATR. Haven’t regretted it for a second!

somafunk

Rusty Mac : I’ve got as far as buying a King TI headset for it (gotta feed my Ti fetish) , next item that’ll be purchased is a set of Ritchey Pro rigid forks or maybe i’ll ask Sean @ soulcraft to build me a set of forks for it, then a suitable set of carbon wheels etc…bit by bit/part by part it will come alive 😀

RustyMac

Terry didn’t want the headset either, he has gone all 44mm semi-integrated for his latest creation.

hummerlicious
    Free Member

Just ride it around for a month, then decide where you want the stem and we can cut it down when we do the first service

DrP

Oh yeah… saves me getting the steerer cutting tools out..

DrP

the_lecht_rocks

c’mon drp – pics and opinion ? ! ?

nedrapier

nedrapier I thought the same thing about my Peregrine and sold it when I got the ATR. Haven’t regretted it for a second!

Really?! Arg again…

nedrapier

What are the biggest tyres you can get in there?

nedrapier

Pfff.

I don’t need one of these! I never think “I wish I was on something slightly more refined” when I’m riding it. Just when I’m sat on my computer, looking at pretty pictures.

“I don’t need one of these…”

:mrgreen:

theredsnapper
    Free Member

Great looking bike….that freeborn price seems a steal! I’m loving my 931 Croix de Fer, which I was comparing to the Tripster and it was a heads or tails thing, though I couldn’t find any little ones around in the ATR and the only CdF’s in 931 were the little uns….52cm, yes please, decision made (oh, that and a £250 trade in for a rusty framed thing with Evans, sealed the deal,)….and Like the OP, I think these bikes are the best of a ‘type’ so practical, so much fun and just beg to be ridden….who needs paint on a frame….;)?

Red

scandalous
    Free Member

Must post up pics!

Did the c2c sportive on mine at the weekend on 28c contis. It flew!

Just put the 32c small blocks back on this evening to do the Dorset gravel dash route. Still looks better with the small blocks in my opinion.

Can’t rate this bike highly enough.

DrP

So….

Took it for a brief 4 mile spin the day I got it – kind of ‘road bike fast’ over, erm, road, and gravel… Seems oddly comfortable over the slightly rough stuff – fire tracks etc. you wouldn’t think a skinny tired rigid should be this comfortable – certainly more so than my other similar bike made of alu (though that has carbon forks too….)

Went for a 35 miler last night – ’twas lovely! Great mix of road, hills, fire track, and dirt track.
    This thing just FLIES over the fire track stuff…literally noon along the Tarmac at 20mph….then simply divert onto the dirt and keep up the speed!

I did get my teeth shaken out taking a rooty steep descent – it’s completely possible to ride this everywhere, though don’t forget it’s NOT a fat tyre mtb….!!

I’m nursing a back/chest injury, so did end up getting an achey torso – not the bike, just injury!

I’ll stick up some pictures of the lovely sussex countryside – I just felt like a kid again last night…racing up the road, along the dirt, through the grass!!

Lovely bike!

DrP

The-Swedish-Chef
    Free Member

This is a great thread. I’ll look out for you when I’m back in Shoreham next week visiting my folks.

DrP

Some brief pics..

Fresh from South Downs Bikes

Last night’s ride!!

Lovely jubbly!

DrP

rewski
    Free Member

Stunning looking bike, that deserves two Ti King cages 🙂 I pinched the idea from @SouthDownsMTB for my Sync. Kinesis really are producing some awesome bikes, more to come.

DrP

Hmm..though Ti cages look lovely and are ‘reet bling’, I’m not sure the 12gm weight saving can really justify the 1000% price increase over alu!
    We’ll see though!

DrP

the_lecht_rocks

drp – how do the WTB Crosswolfs perfom on road – super draggy ?

DrP

how do the WTB Crosswolfs perfom on road – super draggy ?

Not as fast as 25 conti gatorskins, but seem fast enough I suppose.
    it’s a halfway house – great on road will be naff off, etc etc.
    They’re good enough!

DrP

cr500dom
    Free Member

Well I seem to have sold my carbon road bike and a langster, so I better get on the phone tomorrow and order one of these :mrgreen: 😀

Jamie
    Free Member

Would be really interested to know if anyone has an ice tech rotor/ TRP spyre combination? Still some weird slight judder going on with the braking that I haven’t been able to sort out.

FWIW. I had judder on my Spyres on a CdF. Bit of copper grease on the back of the pads sorted it.

the_lecht_rocks

Tom at Feeborn is finalising my build – Top man and top service from Freeborn 🙂

Should be mine tomorrow 🙂

cr500dom
    Free Member

the_lecht_rocks – Member

Tom at Feeborn is finalising my build – Top man and top service from Freeborn

Should be mine tomorrow

What was the turnaround time on that then ? from order to delivery ?
    (Just trying to get an Idea that’s all)

cloudnine
    Free Member

What wheels are you guys running on yours?? Im looking for a new wheelset to upgrade my open pros on hope hubs. Not sure whether to buy a carbon set for the road and the kinesis cx set for off..

DomMason
    Free Member

To all Tripster ATR riders and potential Tripster ATR riders who have posted here, THANKS!

I can’t tell you how fantastic it is to hear feedback like this and see your rides and builds.

When I came up with the concept for this bike, I really didn’t want it to be seen as a ‘posh CX bike’, I REALLY wanted people to understand the spirit of the design and I was hoping it would inspire you into planning new adventures and getting excited about building your perfect bike which could change and evolve with new idea’s, seasons and journeys.

This comment from DrP sums it up perfectly > “I just felt like a kid again last night…racing up the road, along the dirt, through the grass!!

Lovely bike!”

Apologies for not replying to individual posts and thanks again for getting behind the brand. Big grin on my face here : D

the_lecht_rocks

i’m considering a pair of Reynolds Assualt SLG 41mm carbon discs for road and will use the Kinesis CX’s through the winter.

turnaround was a week but only as the stock wasn’t in the UK when I ordered. pretty good IMHO !

DomMason
    Free Member

Working on a LTD edition #ClubATR T shirt for ATR owners. I’ll post on here + @Kinesis_UK and site with instructions for getting hold of one.

the_lecht_rocks

hey Dom – the thanks lays at your doorstep. you created and birthed this machine.

i will still continue to use my carbon road machine on a weekend but for commuting, which includes road, gravel and forest trail, i couldn’t find another machine that could do EVERYTHING I needed – the tripster does 🙂

the_lecht_rocks

whoop – email from Freeborn – It’s shipped !!!!!!!!!!! 😛 😆

DomMason
    Free Member

Hey the_lecht_rocks Great to hear, I’m sure you’ll enjoy it. Keep in touch.

somafunk

#Club ATR shirt shirt sounds like a great idea Dom, make it a relaxed fit please and subtle colour schemes, i ain’t no skinny racing snake anymore being on the wrong side of 40 and all that.

Looking forward to it, As the ATR is a do-it-all bike what additional features will the shirt have?, 😉

cloudnine
    Free Member

what additional features will the shirt have?

An integrated Ti moob bra and removable corset

andyfla
    Free Member

My bank manager has kindly asked for this post to die please …..

somafunk

An integrated Ti moob bra and removable corset

Ha..Ha… 😀 I’m not quite at that stage yet as i’m only 11.5 stone but i’d like to get back under 11stone, whether or not that will happen is another matter but vertical stripes (if any) on the jersey may fool me into believing i can still wear lycra.

Jamie
    Free Member

Working on a LTD edition #ClubATR T shirt for ATR owners. I’ll post on here + @Kinesis_UK and site with instructions for getting hold of one.

Excellent. I’ll have to get one to go along with the Porsche keyring I have to make the laydeez thing I am not such a loser.

*clicks on freeborn site*

*counts pennies*

rewski
    Free Member

Hey Dom, can you work on a LTD edition #ClubSYNC T shirt too 😉

I’m kidding, more than happy with my mug 😀

ChrisS
    Free Member

Been looking at the Grandfondo Ti on freeborn’s site, looks like just what I want (don’t need disks or racks etc), just not sure about sizing, 6ft 1in (185cm) with short inseam (33in) puts me right on the boundary between the 57 and the 60cm. Tried emailing Kinesis for advice a few days ago… but no reply…

Anyone here tried one for size?

James_Gillies
    Free Member

What a great thread as I’ve just been finalising my ATR build today with my local shop and now I can’t wait to get out and ride it, but I still have a few weeks to wait….Arrrrrrr I’ve been waiting for the hubs to become available. I went for a full Ultegra 6800 build with spyre SLC and American Classic 130/225 hubs, son archetype (Grey) with 28h CX-Ray. It’s being built for long Audax and gravel esc rides. My wife already knows I have my eyes on the Trans Iowa and the transcontinental. It’s going to be a long few weeks. 🙄

cr500dom
    Free Member

DomMason – Member

To all Tripster ATR riders and potential Tripster ATR riders who have posted here, THANKS!

I can’t tell you how fantastic it is to hear feedback like this and see your rides and builds.

When I came up with the concept for this bike, I really didn’t want it to be seen as a ‘posh CX bike’, I REALLY wanted people to understand the spirit of the design and I was hoping it would inspire you into planning new adventures and getting excited about building your perfect bike which could change and evolve with new idea’s, seasons and journeys.

I`ve always “Got it” from the time I first saw it, then I had the chance to see one and Chat to someone on the stand at the Bike weekend at Holkham Hall, which confirmed it would be my next bike.

Then I was given notice that I was being stood down from work for a bit (Last day tomorrow) this thread came up and I thought now is the time to sell the roadbike and buy / build the one of these to enjoy the time off work by riding and exploring on a new bike 😀

Not pushed the button with Freeborn yet as I want to see what my LBS can do when the boss is back in Tomorrow, but I am having one of these regardless !!!

I cant wait !!

Viewing 40 posts - 121 through 160 (of 2,739 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.