Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Trek Slash – Any opinions?
  • nasher
    Free Member

Didnt get on with the Scratch, how does the slash compare?

Anyone have a slash or both bikes?

awh
    Free Member

I don’t think they’re available yet. Evans website is saying not in stock until June!

mrbump
    Free Member

depends what your using it for? the scratch looks like a light weigh downhill bike,the slash look a bit more allround use and better for gravity enduros etc. in this country.
    still overkill for a trail bike if its not being also used for downhill or enduros IMO.

plumber
    Free Member

My gut feeling is Nasher has enough trails to keep a bike like that busy enough

http://rivierabike.co.uk/gallery/album.php

mrbump
    Free Member

what did you not like about the scratch? geometry ,suspension feel, componets, amount of travel, weight?

dobiejessmo
    Free Member

They look good LBS had one in couple months ago.To me it felt like my old 2009 Remedy same 160mm/160mm bit beefer frame.

nasher
    Free Member

The scratch for a 180 travel frame felt really short on the wheelbase and also felt really twitchy, in comparison a froggy i tried was a completely different animal.

The suspension also felt dead, despite some tweaking and it was the same shock Fox RC4 that was on the froggy

Im just wondering whether the slash is just a renamed scratch or a completey re worked bike..

Rorschach
    Free Member

I get the feeling it is basically a bike designed for Rene Wildhauber (6 times mega winner) and Ross Schnell to race enduro stuff.A slacker lower burlier remedy rather than a little session.Seems VERY expensive for what you get though.

mikestevo
    Free Member

What did you use the Scratch for? What did you not like about it other than it was not a Froggy, which I think is not really a trail bike? The Slash is not really like the Froggy if that is the type of bike you are after.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘Trek Slash – Any opinions?’ is closed to new replies.