Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)
  • Trek Slash 2014. And, guess what…
  • CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Yep, another tweenerwheeler.

Linky

Looks nice, though!

Stoner
    Free Member

tyre/rim logo fail = 3 does not go into two!

And for that reason, Im oot!

prawny

Tasty.

Pleased I bought a new 26er last year by the time I can afford a new bike this whole wheels size hoohah should be sorted.

_tom_
    Free Member

That looks awesome!

scaredypants

by the time I can afford a new bike this whole wheels size hoohah should be sorted

the dozy bastards have all **** up with this IMO – I’m not buying a new bike until it is sorted

butterbean
    Free Member

Eh? It is sorted? 27.5 is here, 26 isn’t any more*.

*For the most part

Junkyard
    Free Member

the Slash 650B provides a lower, longer position for the competitive enduro racer

Me to a tee where do I get one?

and what scaredy pants said but i am less scared

mtbfix

Suh-wheat! I love an orange paint job, me.

scaredypants

but i am less scared

🙁

terrified, but I am serious – not buying anything new for ages, just out of pure spite

(unless I bust a bike or else something appears that’s optimised for the timid, portly extremegnarrist MAMILF)

teamhurtmore
    Free Member

I am with you scaredypants – i had got my mind round 26 v 29 after demo’s but now 3 wheel sizes. One will be obsolete in time. Initially I thought it might be 650bs but 2014 looks like the year when 650bs become centre of focus…and as I said on the spesh thread the year when prices really loose touch with reality.

$6-9K bikes for riding down a mountain. That’s a quite an ask IMO. My old HT may just get yet another season until this BS passes and we get agreement on wheels and the bubble bursts on picing.

Nice looking bike Flashy – but not in orange for me!

So where will the 2013 discounts be – 26, 29 or both. Might give some indications….?

rOcKeTdOg

i like that, that’d turn me away from 29ers 😯

stomlinson
    Free Member

Gotta say the new 2014 Scott Genius Lt looks a lot better than this

piedidiformaggio
    Free Member

Got those magic tyres on it too – those ‘magic marketing’ ones that don’t need valves.

Why do marketing departments do that?

Junkyard
    Free Member

Scaredy I agree with you and THM
    Not be buying a bike till I know which type i can still get parts for as who wants to be stuck with Betamax.

My guess is 650 b does as it is not a big enough change to get many to upgrade a 26 er so everyone buys a 29 er as you will notice the difference ….whether it be bump absorption or steering like a barn gate who knows but you will notice.

STATO
    Free Member

$6-9K bikes for riding down a mountain. That’s a quite an ask IMO. My old HT may just get yet another season until this BS passes and we get agreement on wheels and the bubble bursts on picing.

See i dont get that.

Wheel sizes, if youve got the bike all you need is tyres, everyone is still making tyres in all sizes.
    Pricing, what do you think is going to get cheaper? groupsets cost what they cost, top end suspension got another level, frames are all carbon now. If you want cheaper the lower levels are still there, same price as they have always been. The top end is now out of reach of many, but thats because its so much more than 5yr ago.

PJM1974
    Free Member

10 years ago there was disc brakes and platform damping to tempt us to spend £££s on new bikes.

Hello 650B and 29″.

In 2013 the £ has plunged, the sales aren’t there and the manufacturers haven’t got anything game changing to sell us. A US built fork that retailed for £539 in 2004 will cost you double today.

Vote with your wallets people.

teamhurtmore
    Free Member

Stato – you may be correct or alternatively we are in the type of bubble that hits lots of sports from time to time. We shall see!!! Personally I think we are in a bubble

STATO
    Free Member

A bubble of expensive stuff?

All that will happen is the expensive stuff wont be available, so yeah you might feel better about now being able to afford the ‘top of range’ but it wont be what it could be so its no different to where we are now.

Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)

The topic ‘Trek Slash 2014. And, guess what…’ is closed to new replies.