Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Transporting small children round London.
  • jfletch
    Free Member

We are visiting friends in that there London this weekend and are obliged to bring our nearly 3 and 1.25 year olds with us.

So what are then best options for todler transporting devices? We will probably getting tubes and buses but also then walking about a bit as well. Normally we would use our Phil and Teds tandem in smaller cities with no public transport so the 1.25 yo can fall asleep when required and the 3 yo can alternate between walking and sitting but I’d imagine a big heavy buggy and the tube don’t mix.

We have most toddler transporting contraptions available to us so what do other people do?

bencooper
    Free Member

I think one of those pneumatic tube things would be brilliant. Just pop them in one end, and woosh.

We used slings. So much more convenient than buggies.

kimbers

single buggy and a backpack carrier thing for similar aged kids here

either kid can sit in the buggy if they want to sleep and the eldest walks a lot of the time

on the tube we have baby jogger that is easy to fold one handed, makes life much easier for escalators

loddrik
    Free Member

I took mine in the buggy on the tube a few years ago at rush hour. Got on at moorgate at 17.00 to go to london bridge. I could feel the utter hate and incredulity directed at me at the fact that I would dare take baby in a buggy on a busy tube at rush hour.

I felt safe in the knowledge that I occupied the moral high ground and that they were all sad petty idiots who had, strangely enough, all been babies themselves at some point and were no doubt taken on public transport by their parents.

I still probably wouldn’t do it again though.

jfletch
    Free Member

We used slings.

Aged three? (or even 1 for that matter?)

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘Transporting small children round London.’ is closed to new replies.