Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Transition Spur vs Epic Evo Help!
  • jonnybike
    Free Member

Hey so I am looking at the Spur and everybody has obviously been raving about it.

Anybody who has one does it live up to your expectations?

I am particular interested about its climbing ability, I don’t doubt it will ride well downhill.

I currently ride a Blur V3 XC bike and love how snappy and light it is especially climbing however would like something a little bit more capable.

I also have an evil offering which is great downhill and ok uphill but just doesn’t do it for me on the ups its like riding a tank. I dont really use it to its full potential and think its too much bike for my needs.

I looked at the pinkbike field test for the Spur and it does look a bit unwieldy uphill and they also tested the epic evo which looks like a better climber and has spiked my interest. Looking at the geometry chart the medium spur is much bigger than the epic evo.

My plan is to sell my evil offering and the blur and go n-1 so want something in between my blur and the offering but don’t want to loose the fun lightweight snappy feeling of the blur.

I also looked at the v4 TR blur but its heavier than the evo and looks pretty much the same geometry wise.

Frankers
    Free Member

Selling a Blur V3 for an Epic EVO ?? Blur works great with a 120mm fork

martinhutch

I would try an airshaft change on the Blur to see how it feels with 120mm. If it feels good, but a bit noodly, then maybe sell a kidney and get a 34 to put on it.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

The topic ‘Transition Spur vs Epic Evo Help!’ is closed to new replies.