Viewing 26 posts - 1 through 26 (of 26 total)
  • Transition Bandit
  • Amos
    Free Member

I thought the transition bandit was due out soon? Any body know when they actually land in the uk? As despite loving my soul I really want to try one of these!

flyingfox
    Free Member

I think we’ve got a date of mid-June but I should check. We’ve had pre-orders for them. This bike will be mighty impressive. Our Coverts landed today.

PROLINE85
    Free Member

Think the Transition blog said some time in May for the frame (to ship to the US). Bit disappointed with the geo, top tube seems too short at 22.5, and headangle could be slacker (68 with a 140mm fork), think a Yeti ARC5 is 68 with a 120mm fork…

orange
    Free Member

very odd sizing… for what is advertised as a xc fs’er

having looked at the sizing of the Trans’am and the Covert i’d pick a large size with both, but on the bandit i’d be a XL

time to dig out the 100mm stem

Amos
    Free Member

Hmmm looks like I need to demo one I guess still a lovely looking bike IMO.

datsunman

The tt/reach is similar to the Trek Fuel EX lineup, which is annoying as I’m right smack in the middle of sizes on those too.

I could get away with a large but couldn’t go too short on the stem e.g. 90-100mm, or go for the xlarge but have a shorter, say 70mm stem.

Need a demo too I think!

I guess their riders must have really short arms, couldn’t imagine myself on a medium Covert (I’m 180cm).

balfa
    Free Member

I do like the look of the Bandit. Shame Transitions prices are continuing to rise. £1500 seems quite steep for what used to be a budget brand.

FlyingFox – Will you have any demo bikes?

flyingfox
    Free Member

Ooops, just come across this. We were not thinking of putting any out on demo but as we have too many, then I guess yes!

derekrides
    Free Member

I’ve a pal trying to chase down one of these, in black, I think he’s a large, not certain, there are none down here and none left at the distributers apparently, are any of yours large black by any chance Mr Fox?

wors

are there any reviews of the bandit anywhere? I’ve read the write up from someone off here. Flyingfox any deals to be had seeing as you have too much stock?? 😉

toys19
    Free Member

Gotta say my covert is awesome, if an xc fser was my bag I’d have a bandit on the spot.

flyingfox
    Free Member

Typical, the large one we have left is green, not black! Sorry. Would have been nice to actually get a sale too! Current stock is on the website. That one at least has been updated.

Always deals to be had. Just send me an email and we’ll have a chat.

Too much stock on Coverts, Bandits and TransAM. Last year we did okay with them in our first year, this year has been much more difficult.

We sold a black medium Covert frame, put the Hope headset in that the guy desired, packaged it, sent it then had to get it sent back to us as he wanted a refund. So they’ve been costing us money this year! I’ll check for definite tomorrow but I’m 99% certain that the Transitions are completely accurate on the website.

Also, we built up a TransAM. That’s on our Facebook page and looking pretty sweet.

flyingfox
    Free Member

Don’t want to be accused of being on the sell so you can contact me outwith if you will – contact details can be got from our website, Flying Fox Bikes DOT com

burt
    Free Member

@flyingfox
    i was about to buy one on saturday but have pulled out, mainly due to the fact that the 2012 model will have the new kashima RP23 shock, and according to the importer will be available in march. i think the late release in this country has hit the sales maybe?

flyingfox
    Free Member

I think so, it’s been a bit of a joke really. We should not be left with all these Coverts and Bandits in the winter (well, it’s winter in Scotland anyhow!). Looks like all the guys in the shop are all going to be riding Transitions soon!

burt
    Free Member

they are a great frame but i didnt want to part with £1400 for what to all intence and purpose,since interbike has become last years model. the importer has been great when i have contacted them but i think they have been very slow at getting the bandit into the uk. the shop where i was getting it from wouldnt even throw in a seatpost.

flyingfox
    Free Member

Well, these have to go and throwing in a seatpost would only be the start of it! It is a shame they came so late in the season but I honestly thought it was worth it because they are so good.

wors

do you do 0%?

flyingfox
    Free Member

Working on it. Any questions you have, please don’t hesitate to ask through our website or by phone – I’m just very aware that I could be perceived as selling like mad!

wors

ok cheers, no worries.

tops5
    Free Member

Hey Amos –

I had to go and buy a Covert to go with those big daft forks you saddled me with 😀 I can highly reccomend it!

Hope the 32’s are still going well

flyingfox
    Free Member

Burt – thanks for your note. I am now thinking that I will offer the frame at a discount and as part of the deal, I will include a service to the shock and make it into a Kashima (just found out from Mojo that this is possible) once the customer has used it for a while and is due a service anyhow.

BigAd
    Free Member

I am test riding a Bandit today!
    Paul from Mountain bike leasing has arranged a test bike.
    Just pump the shocks up to Max and it should be ready to bomb Barry’s!
    I will let you know how it goes.

RIP Super Sic.

Rickos
    Free Member

Aye, let us know how it goes.

Rickos
    Free Member

And? How was it?

paulatmtbleasing
    Free Member

Take a look at Transition Bandit Demo test rideand judge for yourself:)

Please excuse the wobbly camera – I was in desperate need of some chocolate:) The hand tremor doesn’t help either!

Viewing 26 posts - 1 through 26 (of 26 total)

The topic ‘Transition Bandit’ is closed to new replies.