Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Transam 29er and alternatives. What d'ya reckon?
  • chipsngravy
    Free Member

I’m looking to indulge in 29er hard tail. Preferences are something more trail focused and steel.

The Transition transam 29er looks nice. Anyone got any feedback on this bike? Does anyone know of a bike shop in the south that has these in stock?

Alternative suggestions would be appreciated. I’m not too interested in Cotic and On One.

Thanks in advance.

Clink

Kona Honzo
    Canfield Nimble 9
    2 Souls Cycles QH or Slim Jim

YoKaiser
    Free Member

New Dialled 29er 8)
    Chromag Surface

andylaightscat
    Free Member

Singular Swift or a Buzzard when they land

ska-49
    Free Member

The transam is really heavy- if you dont mind weight then they are really nice.

Theres an ex-demo in medium on pinkbike.

MrTall
    Free Member

Honzo is really heavy as well, my XL is 7lbs. Bit poor given the cost but it rides really nice with a 120mm reba up front and weight has never been an issue for me.

pigyn
    Free Member

Hi – we are the people with the ex-demo TransAM on pinkbike. As has been said before they are on the heavier side, but are rockets downhill. We may still be able to do a 2012 build kit (new) at a discount to go with the ex demo frame, get in touch through pinkbike or give us a call if you want to chat about them.

J

chipsngravy
    Free Member

I’ll give the weighty transition a swerve then. Maybe investigate the Canfield.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘Transam 29er and alternatives. What d'ya reckon?’ is closed to new replies.