Viewing 22 posts - 1 through 22 (of 22 total)
  • Trans-Savoie – learns for this 1st timer
  • crotchrocket
    Free Member

1. It is not Enduro.
    2. It is bloody good fun.
    3. You need to be bloody fit (not just legs, but everything)
    4. expect to be ‘walking’ up AND down.
    5.”Ali Minutes” last twice as long as standard ones and hurt more.

steveh

Ali minutes are only twice as long now? He’s getting better then used to be more like five times as long!

tang
    Free Member

I had Jamie Nicoll here visiting last week en route from Whistler. He only found out a few days before he was riding! One strong lad.

lapierrelady

Really hoping to do this next year

tymbian
    Free Member

Is it invitation only? And is it possible to buy the maps, pay for the uplift & ride the same route without entering?

wallop

No and no. I think a lot of it crosses private land.

It’s a dream of mine to do it. It’s my favourite part of the world, for sure. One day I might be good enough!

JCL
    Free Member

Would love to get into the bloody thing!

steveh

No it’s not invitation only and yes they do do guided weeks over the TS route over the summer. Look on the trailAddiction website for details.

mactheknife

Best and hardest 6 days on a bike. That rain on day 3 messed with my morale 🙂

Ecky-Thump
    Free Member

Sounds great.
    What did “Not Enduro” mean though? A bit more technical?
    It sounds like its basically big days out in big mountains with part uplift/part pedal.
    If so I’m interested. Just how quickly did it sell out?

Northwind

I think on my list of things to do, trying to ride down double header fast and without practice is quite low 😆 But it looks a brilliant event, everyone raves about it

mactheknife

For me what made it an amazing experience was meeting and riding with so many great lads and ladies that you would never normally meet.

The standard of trails were immense. From some very hard technical runs to sublime flowy singletrack.

Its quite surprising how quickly you get used to riding as fast as you can into blind trails though. 🙂

julians
    Free Member

Trans-Savoie – learns for this 1st timer

1. It is not Enduro.
    2. It is bloody good fun.
    3. You need to be bloody fit (not just legs, but everything)
    4. expect to be ‘walking’ up AND down.
    5.”Ali Minutes” last twice as long as standard ones and hurt more.

6. There are no such things as ‘learns’, it is a verb, the word you’re looking for is lessons.

jam-bo

how do you go about getting a place? is it by selection/race results?

fancy a challenge for my 40th in a couple of years.

maxtorque

Northwind
    trying to ride down double header fast and without practice

One of those^^^ things is easy! Unfortunately, both together they become somewhat difficult…….

jambalaya
    Free Member

@jam bo, first year it was first come first served, this year it was by ballot. Given how oversubscribed it is becoming I suspect the ballot is here to stay.

TA have a few invitation places for the Pros/special guests, I’d imagine Steve Peat will get a ride anytime he wants and rightly so.

chrismac

Im tempted to do the non racing version that they run earlier in the season. Jut need to get fitter first so I can enjoy it properly.

crotchrocket
    Free Member

How’s the eye Mac 😉

Oh and Julians “**** off you pedantic ****”.

mactheknife

The eye is good, i look like a tramp most of the time anyway so i guess i look like a tramp that has had a scrap now 😀

limkilde
    Free Member

It’s a really tough week. And every time Ali claims a liason stage is a nice fast flowy singletrack, that takes 20 min. It in reallity mean you have to carry and push your bike up a muddy, slippery and rocky hike path for the next hour 😆

But it was an awesome week.

singletrackstinker
    Free Member

Good to read this as I’d like to enter the 2015 race.

And if i get in, it legitimises lots of weekends up in the mountains next year in prep 🙂

Where did you guys, who raced, finish?

crotchrocket
    Free Member

STS> the only prep for this event it to go to the Alps & ride away from the bike parks. Nothing anywhere else is big enough or steep enough.

Viewing 22 posts - 1 through 22 (of 22 total)

The topic ‘Trans-Savoie – learns for this 1st timer’ is closed to new replies.