• This topic is empty.
Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Trans cambrian way day 1 faliure
  • gasyz
    Free Member

Tried to do Knighton to Rhayader section today.Things didn’t start well when two others pulled out before hand.Going solo ment doing a loop back to the car so I decided to park up at Crossgates.I set off at 9am in -4 temps on the long ride to the start point.Just over an hour later I arrived at Knighton station to start the route proper.Things went ok until the first offroad section at Knuklas,where there had been some serious hedge cutting going on.Two minutes later I was changing the front tube.Then it was the drop down to Lloyney and double back up the bridleway to Wernygeufron hill,again thornes galore.After some carefull pushing I came out onto open going towards Beacon lodge.Now the back tyre was Flat,another tube and two thornes later I was on my way.Some great fast riding was to be had towards Stanky hill.Rear tyre pinch flat.No more tubes,so get the patches out and fix a tube.No more co2 left so get the mini pump out,which turned out to be shit,if not worse.Freezing fingers and an Artic feeling wind didn’t help maters either.No tubes or co2 and a shit mini pump.Best idea now was to get off this hill and head to Llanbister,for a spongy tyred cruise back to the car.All in all I covered 67km in a ride time of 3hr 30mins but actual time of 4hr 15mins because of all the **** around with punctures.Getting a tubless set up soon.I’ll be back

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)

The topic ‘Trans cambrian way day 1 faliure’ is closed to new replies.