Home Forums Bike Forum Trails around Bordon

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Trails around Bordon
  • scottleehogan

Looking for the wisdom of the crowd. Possible move to Whitehill Hampshire on the cards and I’m wondering what options I’d have for a midweek 1-2 hour ride. Does anyone know whether there are trails within a 10-15 min ride that have decent singletrack and at least a smidge of steep, or tech?

Internet searches haven’t yielded much yet…

darksideby182

Hindhead isn’t too far away.

bugpowderdust
    Free Member

I’m a local, there’s so much riding around here. Longmoor is a 15 minute ride, Hindhead or Rogate 45 minute ride. Qecp is just down the road too. Loads of xc in every direction and trail types vary from sand, loam, through to clay and chalky.

Shop rides on a Monday from Cyclesphere in Bordon, couple of hours long from shop with varying routes. Also ride from other start points locally for a bit of occasional variation but never more than a 20 minute drive away.

If you’ve got any questions msg me also Brendog is a local and lives about a mile and a half from Bordon, so the riding can’t be too bad.

n0b0dy0ftheg0at
    Free Member

Lovely rampy lanes around Hawkley and Steep heading towards Bordean, not far from South Harting too. Also great around Stoner Hill, there’s Lythe Lane that heads up there from Ridge Common Lane near Stroud. Think there’s an off-road approach to Butser Hill from the north north west, via Limekiln Lane. Hilly lanes around Milland and Rogate great too, top of Milland Hill being near 20%.

jfab

Plenty of variety at QECP but that’s 15 minute drive rather than ride.

The rest we’ve only really explored from a XC/Gravelly point of view (I work in Bordon, we often ride or run out from there of any evening as there’s a few of us that like to get out).

I really need to explore more, @bugpowderdust I don’t suppose you have anything on a strava account to get some inspiration from? I have a terrible sense of direction so we tend to stick to sections of Shipwrights/KAW and variations of that and looping back around the ranges. I should really explore more!

I live closer to Farnham so tend to head off more Tilford/Frensham/Hankley direction from home.

lambchop
    Free Member

Grew up in Lindford and went to school in Bordon (absolute shit hole). My mates and I used to ride our bikes at Broxhead Common. Thankfully moved away in 1990. Found out recently my old School, Mill Chase was closed down and demolished. Made me happy to hear that, turgid place with hellish memories.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.