Viewing 40 posts - 41 through 80 (of 88 total)
  • Trail Centres
  • singlespeedstu

There’s loads more rock and shit than on a lot of natural trails

Maybe that’s what trail centres need.

More shitgarden sections.

biscuit
    Free Member

i like to ride my bike. i occasionally go to trail centres. i like riding it there too. I dont really get too hooked up on where im riding, where others are riding, or whether its natural or man made. If its fast and grin inducing, then its job done in my book.

emac65
    Free Member

Usually find people who are pretty cack at riding avoid them,ime anyway….

Really?? That’s an interesting point. How do you come to that conclusion??

Easy, I think what can I write to stir things up a bit & hey presto there it is………

FWIW,I like all riding….

gixerator
    Free Member

Man, I like this site but some of you need to get laid!!

Its like asking what is best white bread or brown, some will be all for one whilst some all for the other, some will eat both.

As long as your out there who cares?

monkeychild
    Free Member

Easy, I think what can I write to stir things up a bit & hey presto there it is………

Knew it

monkeychild
    Free Member

As long as your out there who cares?

You clearly.

GlitterGary
    Free Member

gixerator

There is no place for rational posts on here!

Begone, heathen!

singlespeedstu

Aslong as your out there who cares?

That’s all well and good but it’s hard to argue if we all agree.

Rorschach
    Free Member

you’re….I care 👿

kaesae
    Free Member

You get out, what you put in!

If it’s not exciting enough, then simply go faster! ❗

I find that when you’re actually working on developing your skills and riding ability, everything is fun!

On the other hand when you spend your time moaning about contemplating how shite something is, guess what! how could it not be shite ❓

monkeychild
    Free Member

On the other hand when you spend your time moaning about contemplating how shite something is, guess what! how could it not be shite

I like to cuddle puppies. In fact here’s a photo

GlitterGary
    Free Member

Llandegla is my favourite.

singlespeedstu

Trying to revive the thread a bit there GG. 🙂

Jeffus
    Free Member

I like mixing it up with local trails and then pass through the trail center, have a brew then home, missed you Rorschach today , your rock placement on the dyke was very neat, I was going to do a bit myself but it was hooning with rain, we need to try and get it back down to a single path and not a 6 foot swathe.. 😀

Junkyard
    Free Member

fun when I go but jut not rocky enough for my tastes TBH
    Each to their own

simons_nicolai-uk
    Free Member

There’s no gates to constantly have to open and close

No, just anti-mx barriers to negotiate! 🙂

Great in Winter as they are built forvall weathers.

Rorschach
    Free Member

Aye Mr M.Day off today…..five 60km days on the trot and my legs are a bit achey!Squished my foot with one of the bigguns and had an out of body shouty experience.Some more bits to do but will require some extra oomph.

speckledbob
    Free Member

surely there’s some middle ground here?

Rorschach
    Free Member

😯

randomjeremy
    Free Member

I love trailcentres, not for the riding though*, I have a thing about VW Transporters and low end Audi estates.

* Actually the riding too, I used to be one of those nauseating **** who “couldn’t understand” trailcentres, but then i rode places like Afan, Cwmcarn, Inners, Glentress, etc and you know what, they were mostly great and I could have a shower and a cup of tea afterwards.

What’s not to love? I suppose they don’t fit in with my macho wild hardman image and there are loads of poors on their crapbox bikes getting in my way, and the trails are too sanitised for my rad gnarskillz. There are also **** on their overbuilt skills compensators (everyone who has a better bike than me) so I’m sure you can understand my inner turmoil. Oh wait I’m actually a middle aged overweight IT consultant from Reading like everyone else so I’ll just ‘sperg my impotent rage all over the internet instead

Rorschach
    Free Member

This is what its come to RJ……arguing with yourself,tsk. 😉

Jeffus
    Free Member

😀

mrlebowski
    Free Member

RJ – spot on mate: irony, sarcasm, humour, self-depreciation, taking the piss out of others to compensate for your own lack of self-esteem, stereotyping, niche-mongering, pointless electronic arguing..all the bases covered in one post. Top stuff Sir I salute you! With a bit of luck it will really twist the knickers of some who think it’s important to stick a label on people..

buzz-lightyear
    Free Member

They are all weather

Rorschach
    Free Member

I find it important to label myself.
    Labels are all weather?

Skyline-GTR
    Free Member

I was at LLandegla yesterday and there was a great big black Sprinter (not Linford Christie or Usain Bolt) with ST logos all over it in the carpark.
    So the guys at the mag are obviously happy to ride them.

In complete contrast, I went filming today in South Wales on DH tracks with one our Lodge Cycles team riders on his brand new Nukeproof Scalp.
    It’s one of the 1st in the country other than the team bikes, and Lloydy was flying on it.
    I rode the track on a demo trail bike (Transition covert) and I had just as much fun riding the Trail Centre yesterday on the Tranny and my Orange 5 with a couple of friends as I did today on the more technical high speed stuff.

As someone said earlier, it’s just about having fun on a bike in good company.

Northwind

meehaja – Member

yeah. trail centres are a bit motorway IMO

You’ve been riding the wrong trail centres…

graham1975
    Free Member

They normaly have a bit of everything in them, also graded for ridding ability, so for instatnce you aint going to find kids on routes were you find downhill rigs, ect ect, nor do you have to keep stopping to check the bloody map, just follow the coloured marker, Also 99% of the trails are man made so no real danger of flying down singletrack and coming to a 10ft rock ledge or something thats going to hurt you….. Unless its a black double diamond route. great fun, i use the 7stanes more than i use the Welsh trails.
    Probably the best trail i have ever ridden would have to be Golspie Wildcat trail.
    The only trail centre in Scotland thats a little moterway..ish is Glentress, but dont get there at the same time as everyone else, if you want it quit get there at 6am or early afternoon, simple. many atime i have turned up at a trail centre at 6pm in the summer, you dont meet a single person, the trails can be all yours if you plan it right.

kaesae
    Free Member

Monkeyschild, what kind of bikes do monkeys ride ❓

Sionwms
    Free Member

Hmmmm I wonder if the guys from ST were at Llandegla to test ride the new 10km of Red route that due to open soon……

molgrips
    Free Member

They are often (but not always) boring if you ride them slowly. They only get really fun when you go really fast. I ride Cwmcarn a lot and I always try to beat my time. I know it really well now which leads to silly speeds and major grin factor.

If you find them dull, get a move on!

This applies to ups and downs. The first climb at Afan can be boring but it makes a good personal time trial if you focus on doing it as fast as possible.

I don’t normally say this but +1 kaesae 🙂

MentalMickey
    Free Member

My local ‘natural’ loops are in and out the woods, my local trail centre goes erm…..in and out the woods, a little bit of man made boardwalk & rock feature type stuff is the only difference.

kaesae
    Free Member

molgrips, it’s good too see you on the ball and right for once 😀

molgrips
    Free Member

Bugroff, I say the same thing every time this comes up 🙂

kaesae
    Free Member

A likely story sunshine.
    That’s what they all say!

Scienceofficer
    Free Member

I had cause to ride afan 3 times a week for about 6 weeks a couple of summers ago. I got bored surprisingly quickly and I realised theres a lack of line choice.

I guess it depends on what you get from your riding. I’m a pretty average rider and can do trail centres at a decent speed, but even then I found I missed the act of computing my own line choices – this is clearly part of the reward for me – I knew I preferred au natural trail riding, but it took a while for me to understand why.

For a long time, I’ve found the actual trail surfaces pretty dull too, although, a trip to Afan earlier this year showed me that they’ve started to wear in pretty nicely, and the technical climb at Cwmcarn was brilliant!

I’m quite happy to go to trail centres a few times a year – I have a soft sport for CyB especially, but sessioning the same man made trail week after week is not for me – theres simply not enough variety.

backhander
    Free Member

It’s about perspective isn’t it?
    If you live in the wilds of scotland, the lakes or snowdon you’re not going to appreciate TCs as much as those who live in a major city in england.
    The man made argument is a bit daft though, trail builders can make some brilliant stuff be it in your local woods or a forest (most of the trails I rode in BC were man made). My most disappointing rides have all been exploration rides which have consisted of flat bridleways running through fields and/or including lots of road sections.
    There was a great article in Dirt a month or so back which pretty much summed up trail centres, written by a brit who had lived in BC for a few years.

kaesae
    Free Member

There is so much to learn about riding, extra g braking or cornering , the apex of a corner and different techniques for dealing with them. Or even cutties.

Then you have braking, peddle stroke, cock pitt familiarity and manipulations, there are so many techniques to learn and if you can master.

I doubt that I will ever get bored even just riding my local bing is a great oppertunity for me, there is always more to learn and more skills to be developed, if all your doing is the same stuff over and over, yes it will get dull.

It all comes down to attitude and getting the most out of your saddle time!!!

stevious

I don’t do trail centres because I won’t let the man tell me where to go with his little arrows. You can’t tame me. I’m a rebel.

vinnyeh

I got bored surprisingly quickly and I realised theres a lack of line choice.

not much different to singletrack then..

Viewing 40 posts - 41 through 80 (of 88 total)

The topic ‘Trail Centres’ is closed to new replies.