Home Forums Chat Forum Towbar fitting Midlands, recommendations?

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Towbar fitting Midlands, recommendations?
  • branes
    Free Member

Hi,

My partner’s T5 needs a towbar fitting. She lives near Coventry.

Firstly, does anyone have any recommendations on a local-ish fitter. I don’t want to do it myself. Garage/workshop or someone who comes around are both fine.

Secondarily, the primary use will be for a towbar mounted bike rack. There are plenty of threads on that here, but do I need to watch out for anything tow-bar wise that might help or hinder the usage of a towbar-mounted bike rack?

And as this place is renowned for its T5+ knowledge – any towbar recommendations?

Any other wisdom or experience gratefully received.

cheers,

kongman28
    Free Member

I just had one fitted to my T6 by Stef from Browns Outdoors. He’s from Bromsgrove and active on all the transporter FB groups. He came all the way to Somerset to fit my detachable Towbar with electrics. He’s a biker too which is nice.

pondo

Had one fitted to our Astra estate on the drive last year by JIB Towbars – West Mids based, great service and best price we could find by a margin.

branes
    Free Member

Circling back – got a removable towbar fitted by JIB Towbars. Turned up when they said they would, and very decent price too.

All seems fine, although we’re only using it for a bike rack so far.

scruff
    Free Member

How much are people paying for a tow-bar fitting, just for bike rack use?

pondo

About £350, I think ours was? Glad JIB did the job, we were very happy, just hassle-free and cheapest we found. :)

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘Towbar fitting Midlands, recommendations?’ is closed to new replies.