Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Towbar bike rack
  • nigelj
    Free Member

Anybody recommend, any experience, on 3/4 bike racks other than the ones offered by Thule.
    Pendle seem a bit to specific with their d-loops for this and d-loops for that .Recall somebody mentioning a brand called Aston/Ashton ? but I’ve had no joy with searches.

mrsflash
    Free Member

We’ve had 2 pendles, think they’re great. not sure what you mean about the D-loops?

trailmonkey

I’ve got a six bike Pendle trailer. Very well constructed. It’s a bit of a Chinese puzzle getting six MTB’s on there though.
    FWIW, I’ve a 3 bike Thule tow bar rack which is very, very good.

PeterPoddy
    Free Member

Why not Thule?

gingerflash

“Pendle seem a bit to specific with their d-loops for this and d-loops for that”

Do you mean d-loops for your tyres? There are slots or loops, you put your tyres in them. The ones that come as standard are fine for up to 2.4 inch tyres (that’s what I use). I’m not sure what you think is “too specific”.

As MrsF says, we’ve had 2 Pendles. We only changed because the first was damaged in a rear end shunt although the rack was strong enough to protect the bikes from damage.

The-milkybar-kid
    Free Member
    Marmoset
    Free Member

I’ve got an Strada Atera – 3 bikes with the option of a 4th with a kit. Goes on easily, locks the bikes to teh support arms and slides away from teh car when on the bar so you can get in the boot.

nigelj
    Free Member

mrsflash- it just mentions on the pendle website that for different size tyres they supply different size d-loops.

peterpoddy- this other company had was getting some good reviews from singletrack users and I just wanted to check my options.

gingerflash

you should get it with the bigger loops if you use massive (2.4inch and bigger) tyres. There’s no extra cost i don’t think. the big loops will work just as well with narrower tyres. You don’t need to match them exactly.

The other company you’re looking for is Aiston.

gingerflash

Aiston say their D-loops fit upto 2.25 tyres but it doesn’t seem there’s an option for bigger loops for wider tyres.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘Towbar bike rack’ is closed to new replies.