Viewing 17 posts - 81 through 97 (of 97 total)
  • Tour de France stage 13 – Bourg-Saint-Andéol to Caverne du Pont d'Arc- TT Time
  • forzafkawi
    Free Member

aracer – Member

Quintana does usually seem to go well in the last week when everybody else is tired…

I would say though that was when he was fitter than he seems to be now. He definitely seems to be well down on power compared to other GC contenders like Mollema, Porte and even Yates. I think he knows it as well witnessed by his complete lack of attack on stage 9 to Andorra Arcallis. It was all he could do to follow Froome’s wheel.

Last year Froome admitted he was tired and a bit sick in the last week and he has deliberately modified his training to be stronger right through the Tour. Quintana may well recover somewhat and the windy last few days have been hard on him I think. Next Wednesday will be the real test with a big uphill finish after the rest day.

aracer
    Free Member

Or maybe there’s some other explanation (how big a hint do I have to drop 😈 )

cloudnine
    Free Member

aracer – Member
    Quintana does usually seem to go well in the last week when everybody else is tired…

When he’s tired he just hangs onto the back of a motorbike..
    http://www.cyclingweekly.co.uk/news/racing/tour-de-france/video-shows-nairo-quintana-taking-a-tow-from-a-mavic-bike-on-ventoux-260570

big_n_daft
    Free Member

He’s been using that excuse for years now, he just isn’t good enough for 3 week races.

a bit unfair, one puncture less and he would be top 3

bob_summers

Sorry if this has been posted already. Alaphilippe

grahamt1980

Holy crap.
    Looks like at least a vs

scaredypants

Wow !
    Is he OK ?

Edit: Yes, apparently so according to Etixx’s twitter

grahamt1980
    hammerite
    Free Member

Froome’s time trialling and climbing ability is well known, but this tour he’s turned in to a good all rounder. He always finished well up on sprint stages thanks to trying to keep himself safe. Few would have expected him to get involved in the two moves where he took time earlier on though – proper racing and time taking on stages like those must really demoralise people like Quintana who really only have the mountains to rely on.

chrismac

Quintana is not Contador

Very true quintana has passed all his doping tests unlike contador who is still benefitting from his doping

mikewsmith
    Free Member

AlexSimon – Member
    Yep – he’s going well.
    I can’t decide whether I like him because I like him or because I got so used to supporting his efforts on behalf of Sky/Wiggo/Froome. I’ve never warmed to BMC either.
    mt – Member
    Porte seems a good guy to me, its a real pity he lost time on the 2nd day.

A top bloke, some friends met him at new year at his folks place, he invited them and the kids round and gave them sky the shirts etc. I bumped into him in a local pub the year Froome crashed out. Ended up hanging out drinking beer and talking bikes with him for the evening, I hope he gets a run in the alps and I reckon he has a podium in him this year.

RustyMac

What is this year’s tour coming to? Froome running and Alaphilippe rock climbing mid stage this is just getting silly now.

mrblobby
    Free Member

He’s ok but I don’t think he finished the stage!

arrpee
    Free Member

There comes a time in the life of every married heterosexual male, when you just have to man-up and admit that you’re not over Tom Dumoulin.

And to think that you’d convinced yourself that it was a one-time Vuelta thing. Who did you think you were kidding?

mcmoonter
    Free Member

Good grief, looks like he’s still carrying some speed with that crash barrier at the end of his trajectory. 😯

mrblobby
    Free Member

There comes a time in the life of every married heterosexual male, when you just have to man-up and admit that you’re not over Tom Dumoulin.

😳

jambalaya
    Free Member

@Bob 😯 No wall rides on a TT bike !

@mike great story

Viewing 17 posts - 81 through 97 (of 97 total)

The topic ‘Tour de France stage 13 – Bourg-Saint-Andéol to Caverne du Pont d'Arc- TT Time’ is closed to new replies.