Viewing 40 posts - 41 through 80 (of 97 total)
  • Tour de France stage 13 – Bourg-Saint-Andéol to Caverne du Pont d'Arc- TT Time
  • AlexSimon

AlexSimon – Member

The wheel has fallen off the Panzerwagen
    Losing time all at every check ooh – just as I say that he’s pulled it back to 27secs at the last intermediate time check

TiRed

Terrorism works by making pope change the way they live and being scared

Of course, but I was referring to a country’s sadness not fear. A minute just doesn’t seem enough for over 80 lives lost.

mt
    Free Member

I believe the TdF are handling the situation well given Nice. Prudhommes statement was very good, respectful and recognizes that the event is of no real importance at this time. However he seems to have been in contact with his government and officials all the way to the local police, if they all agree to get on with it then it they should get on with it. Show respect yes, as much as possible but do not allow yourself to submit to terror (I know its a tough call).

Agree that a minute will never be enough, standing to up acts of this nature may eventually be, hopefully.

Also Lunge thanks for posting each day.

AlexSimon

Wow DUMOULIN 54secs ahead at 3rd time check

lunge

I tell you what, they are decsending seriously fast. Majka 6 mins down, Nibali 2 1/2.

DaRC_L

Yep Dumoulin looked great a pity there was adverts as he made the final climb

AlexSimon

Come on Gee!

ferrals
    Free Member

From the Guardian:

Tom Dumoulin is asked how he feels after leading the way in the time trial: “Happy and sad. This morning I woke with terrible news from Nice. It was a big question if it would continue today or not. I think it is good we ask ourselves the question, and I think the decision is good. These terrorists cannot decide our lives. It’s good that we showed that we don’t to say yes to these attacks. ”

I agree with Junkyard and mt

Junkyard
    Free Member

A minute just doesn’t seem enough for over 80 lives lost.

whatever the TdF does it wont be enough though.

Life has to go on
    Dont let hate win out

Enjoying the wobbling in the wind with the disc wheel, perhaps not as much as miller is 😆

Bustaspoke
    Free Member

Easy for me to say,but in my opinion the organisers did the right thing.We can’t stop doing what defines us,that means we’re giving in to terror..
    Back to the race. I’ve got to say those cross winds would heighten my state of alertness!! 😯
    Richie’s starting now,here’s hoping he has a less dramatic day than yesterday..

RustyMac

Ritchie is riding hard, hope he can keep his pace.

AlexSimon

Yep – he’s going well.
    I can’t decide whether I like him because I like him or because I got so used to supporting his efforts on behalf of Sky/Wiggo/Froome. I’ve never warmed to BMC either.

AlexSimon

Can anyone see the 2nd time check? I can see the others, but that one seems to be missing

mt
    Free Member

Porte seems a good guy to me, its a real pity he lost time on the 2nd day.

mrblobby
    Free Member

That Bambino of Froome’s, quite a long tail on that, definitely not the standard helmet.

Quite a lot of boo’ing of Froome apparently. Curious really to be blaming Froome for the commissaries decision. French “fans” in moronic behaviour shocker!

Did someone throw something at Porte?

jambalaya
    Free Member

Yes being reported someone threw something

bigdaddy

Rather amusing quote on the bbc text feed from Greg Henderson:

I was doing 50kph and @RohanDennis came past me and nearly sucked my helmet off. So fast. I have no idea how they do it. #impressed.

Made me chuckle anyway…

jimdubleyou

Porte 3 mins down…

DaRC_L

only 3 mins down on Dumoulin – about a minute down on rivals

mrblobby
    Free Member

Such a windy conditions too, probably not much to be gleaned from comparing the times of the late runners with the early runners.

AlexSimon

Porte has said he can’t explain why it went wrong – said no falls or anything – just legs.

lunge

Froome looks strong, Yates looks like he’s fading to me, looks like his labouring on the pedals.

jambalaya
    Free Member

🙂

lunge

Dumoulin wins, Froome 2nd. I very rarely get it right so please excuse me whilst I gloat.

lunge – Member
    Right then, time for my ever inaccurate predictions.

I actually think the Inrng have this nailed today, it’s a Dumoulin stage, a few hills, a good length of TT and he wasn’t involved in the fun and games yesterday. I also think Froome will be angry as I suspect he will feel he could have put even more time into Quintana yesterday so he too will go well.

Good ride from Yates too, 17th and he looked good for all bar the last 2km or so.

jambalaya
    Free Member

Job done from Froome, another 2 mins. Looks like he can take time where he wants and the team is strong. Great job from Sky so far

mrblobby
    Free Member

New top 5…

1. Chris Froome
    2. Bauke Mollema, at 1.47
    3. Adam Yates, at 2.45
    4. Nairo Quintana, at 2.59
    5. Alejandro Valverde, at 3.17

Good ride by Mollema today.

lunge

New GC below. Froome will be chuffed by that:

dragon
    Free Member

Depressing from an exciting race point of view, game over pretty much. Froome just needs to stay on his bike now.

Porte has said he can’t explain why it went wrong

He’s been using that excuse for years now, he just isn’t good enough for 3 week races.

AlexSimon

Depressing from an exciting race point of view, game over pretty much. Froome just needs to stay on his bike now.

Plenty of racing to come. Even if everything goes to plan for Froome, it’s fascinating watching the battle for the podium places. Great that we have someone else in 3rd too!

whitestone
    Free Member

Those time differences are pretty typical for the end of the second week. The last week is usually the yellow jersey doing lots of defending.

tpbiker
    Free Member

so if yesterday’s provisional result had stood would froome still be in yellow after today?

lunge

so if yesterday’s provisional result had stood would froome still be in yellow after today?

Yes, but not by much I don’t think.

dragon
    Free Member

Yes those time gaps are fair after nearly 2 weeks of racing, but that make it look like a dull 3rd week is clearly Froome and Sky are riding well above anyone else, Quintana is not Contrador, he isn’t going to go for a win IMO, he will be happy with a podium and Froome will have the easiest ride to Paris he’s had out of his wins.

mrblobby
    Free Member

At this rate Quintana will do well to get on the podium! Shown quite a bit of weakness, reckon a few in the top 10 will fancy their chances against him.

jambalaya
    Free Member

Agreed

kilo

mrblobby – Member

At this rate Quintana will do well to get on the podium! Shown quite a bit of weakness, reckon a few in the top 10 will fancy their chances against him.

Not least Valverde who must fancy himself as top Movistar rider and will do the dirty. Good ride by Yates, he should keep white, three minutes on nearest rival, but not sure if he can hang on to third. Thought Dumoulin was very eloquent in his post race interview

ctk
    Free Member

Lots of mountain stages yet, I reckon Quintana might have another go.

forzafkawi
    Free Member

ctk – Member

Lots of mountain stages yet, I reckon Quintana might have another go.

Quintana’s got nothing which he demonstrated yesterday on the Ventoux and actually was lucky to effectively gain time due to the crash. He’ll lose a bunch of time to the lower GC contenders all calmmering to get on to the podium.

crazy-legs

Quintana’s got nothing which he demonstrated yesterday on the Ventoux and actually was lucky to effectively gain time due to the crash. He’ll lose a bunch of time to the lower GC contenders all calmmering to get on to the podium.

Hasn’t he traditionally always left it til the last week to do much in the way of attacking? Still a bunch of big old Alps to get over and one bad day from any of the top 10 could still lead to a pretty big shake up.

Really hope Yates hangs on to a podium finish in Paris.

aracer
    Free Member

Quintana does usually seem to go well in the last week when everybody else is tired…

Viewing 40 posts - 41 through 80 (of 97 total)

The topic ‘Tour de France stage 13 – Bourg-Saint-Andéol to Caverne du Pont d'Arc- TT Time’ is closed to new replies.