Viewing 25 posts - 1 through 25 (of 25 total)
  • Tour De France in Hebden Bridge!
  • grum
    Free Member

Apologies if there’s already a thread on this. I know it was announced already as being in Yorkshire and rumoured to be coming to Calderdale but this seems to confirm the locations. Awesome – will defo be there!!

It’s official: The Tour de France is coming to Calderdale in 2014.

The first details of the stages for the Yorkshire Grand Depart were announced at a Press conference in Paris this morning.

And stage two, which will take place on Sunday, July 6, will take the 200-strong peloton from York to Sheffield, via Haworth, Hebden Bridge, Cragg Vale, Elland and Huddersfield.

Route maps are due to be released later today, but the climbs of Oxenhope Moor, Cragg Vale and Ripponden Bank all seem likely to feature, along with the iconic Holme Moss ascent above Holmfirth, on a day likened by organisers to the infamously hilly Liege-Bastogne-Liege one day race.

Stage One takes the race from Leeds to Harrogate via the Yorkshire Dales, with Stage Three running from Cambridge to London, with a finish on The Mall.

http://www.halifaxcourier.co.uk/news/business/tour-de-france-coming-to-calderdale-as-yorkshire-route-details-announced-in-paris-1-5323174

crazy-legs

RustySpanner

😯

O.
    M.
    G.

Passes a couple of nice pubs as well. 🙂

Should be fun hearing the French trying to pronounce Mytholmroyd.

Dave
    Free Member

http://www.guardian.co.uk/environment/bike-blog/2013/jan/17/tour-de-france-yorkshire-2014

“On Twitter, all the talk is of the top section of The Buttress in Hebden Bridge being the hardest stage.

@SingleTrackMag
    said

We reckon most riders will struggle on top section of The Buttress in Hebden Bridge, especially if the cobbles are greasy…”

I think I may need to stop doing our twitter feed for a bit ;o)

globalti
    Free Member

They’re going to close the A59?

*Sound of mind gently being boggled*

DaveyBoyWonder
    Free Member

[takes up position on Ripponden Bank to watch the carnage]

RustySpanner

Naughty boy. 🙂

Some very, very narrow junctions though – and that ice ceam van near the White House is going to be sold out REALLY quickly. 😀

nbt

Original thread here

http://singletrackworld.com/forum/topic/tdf-route-2014#post-4580566

I have posted considerably more pics than you, crazy-legs. 😉

grum
    Free Member

Well the other thread had a completely obscure and misleading title, how was I supposed to tell it was about the route of the 2014 Tour? 😳

crazy-legs

Original thread here

You wait til this time next year, the entire bloody front page of the forum will be wall-to-wall TdF in Yorkshire stuff.
    Should upset the MTBers nicely.

🙂

RustySpanner

I’m trying to think which bridleway has a cracking view of the route.

Haworth Old Road?
    Pennine B/W near Cragg Vale?

Might be worth a trip up to Swaledale.

nbt

cos it;s not like this forum’s here to support an MTB mag or anything 😉

andydicko
    Free Member

Also going up Holme Moss 😀

andybanks
    Free Member

How many of the riders will get done for doping AFTER getting through Hebden Bridge?

Blower
    Free Member

Holme Moss 😉

brant
    Free Member

Let’s not forget what Hebden Bridge was like at that time last year…

[video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oAen-0AQtQo[/video]

mos

I reckon outside the Robin Hood at Cragg Vale is be where i’m gonna be.

Blower
    Free Member

be like the old Whinlatter challenge on holme moss,draw the crouds in,
    take some beer up sorted.

fatboyslo
    Free Member

globalti – Member
    They’re going to close the A59?

*Sound of mind gently being boggled*

All the way from York to Bolton Abbey 😈

And just for added spice they are closing large chunks of the A 61 on Saturday 😆

and I dread to think what some of the folk in Harrogate will think when they realise that they won’t be able to drive into town 😈

Me … think I’ll ride over to Otley then pootle back home to Harrogate to see the finish …

CAN’T WAIT

stevelolly
    Free Member

Can anyone recommend a nice caravan site on or close to the route ? Must have good clean toilets etc or I’ll never convince the other half to come and watch a bike race 😉 .

Cheers
    Steve

trout
    Free Member

There`s a small CC site on the skipton side of Ilkley they will go past
    and a touring site on the A59 skipton side of Harrogate thats a nice one for kids too with a swimming pool .

Long ashes near Threshfield is on route

Must be others

RustySpanner

There’s a nice one at Hollingworth Lake in Littleborough. Good for the Hebden/Huddersfield section.

Loads of good riding in the area too.

stevelolly
    Free Member

Cool , cheers guys 🙂

nbt

There’s a Caravan Club site at the bottom of Cragg Vale. The race will go past the site entrance. Club sites are expensive but the facilties are excellent

stevelolly
    Free Member

Nbt , cheers but got no toilet facilities at Cragg Vale. Must have for the Mrs .

Viewing 25 posts - 1 through 25 (of 25 total)

The topic ‘Tour De France in Hebden Bridge!’ is closed to new replies.