Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 65 total)
  • TDF route 2014..
  • djglover
    Free Member
    ton

no warm up for em then?

scuttler

Stage one
    Leeds – Harewood – Otley – Ilkley – Skipton – Kettlewell – Aysgarth – Hawes – Reeth – Leyburn – Ripon – Harrogate

Stage two
    York – Knaresborough – Silsden – Keighley – Haworth – Hebden Bridge – Elland – Huddersfield – Holmfirth – Sheffield

Stage three
    Cambridge – Epping Forest – the Olympic Park – the Mall

HOLMFIRTH BABY!!!! Off to Screwfix for my road marking paint.

martinhutch

Coming to Skipton!!! Getting excited already..

Full route map linky anyone?

toxicsoks
    Free Member

Harewood! 😀
    Even Mrs Soks is excited and she doesn’t cycle. 😀

reggiegasket
    Free Member

I’ve got the strava KOM for the descent of Buttertubs – I wonder if Cancellara can wrestle that one off me…?

mintimperial

Huddersfield – Holmfirth – Sheffield

This is so ace, I can’t wait! I remember trekking all the way down to Kent to see the Tour whizz past in ’94, and thinking that was absolutely awesome, the idea that it’s going through my home town and quite probably over the Col De Moss is just bonkers. 😀

mugsys_m8

I’ve got the strava KOM for the descent of Buttertubs – I wonder if Cancellara can wrestle that one off me…?

Like it! 10/10

stilltortoise
    Free Member

*Must find an excuse to visit the wife’s family in Wensleydale in July 2014*

Papa_Lazarou
    Free Member

Hebden Bridge and Cragg Vale.. ACE!!!!

One of my regular road rides now a TDF route with names on the road etc. Ace stuff.

cp

Best start re surfacing some roads in Sheffield!

djglover
    Free Member

I think they need to resurface the road up Wharfedale too, which will be great for club runs!

ransos
    Free Member

*thinks up nice cycle route from Ramsbottom to Hebden Bridge”

nbt

Cragg Vale and Holme Moss on day 2 – the only question is which one to go for!

Ben_mw

Cragg Vale and Holme Moss on day 2 – the only question is which one to go for!

Holme Moss for me, mainly as I can tow my daughters’ trailer to above Holme village with almost no tarmac involved. Mindyou, I took her to see the Tour in France in 2011 and she slept through it! (12 weeks old at the time, so I’ll forgive her).

scuttler

resurface the road

No problem – just toss some loose stones down a couple of weeks before they come through and follow through with a roadsweeper. Bienvenue a Grand Bretagne.

billysugger
    Free Member

I said I wouldn’t go see it if it came down the main road I can see from my window.

Turns out it will and I may have been hasty passing that comment 😳

Will be weird seeing them on roads I’ve ridden on for years.

There are a few candidates for road gaps around here too 8)

djglover
    Free Member
    nbt

The important bits (not bothered about cambridge – London)

Edit – Leybrun? was it typed up by a frenchman?

billysugger
    Free Member

Keighley and Elland, yum.

Ideas for banners time..

trout
    Free Member

Bloody hell Silsden too
    Over t Col de Cringles 😀

shifter
    Free Member

Plenty of opportunity on stage one to see them come past twice.

stevew
    Free Member

I live in York, my folks live in Sheffiled and my brother lives in Cambridge, so many possibilities… defo think that I will be seeing various starts / finishes / hill tops over the three days, very, very exciting.

Not seen any reference to a prologue though?? Would be great for the kids to watch – was awesome in London the other year.

B.A.Nana
    Free Member

day1 is pretty much what I guessed, altho I had them finishing in York. Day2 I had them starting in Scarboro, humber bridge, Sheffield, so completely wrong.

bikebouy
    Free Member

Yey Harrogate!!!

Ohhh my oh my… Right past the Two Farms!!

So we’d better sort out our Hay Bundles into some sort of TdF hommage and turn the Cow Shed into a B&B!!

brakes
    Free Member

Best mate lives in Leeds
    Parents live nr Sheffield
    Brother in law lives nr Cambridge
    I live in London
    Son will be 2 and riding a bike by then

This is all lining up very nicely!

Singlespeed_Shep
    Free Member

pleased with that, would be nice seeing them a bit more east of the A1,

but two days out on the bike watching. 😀

freeagent
    Free Member

The Tour came past our house in Gravesend in 2007 – it was awesome!

I’m off to France to watch it this summer, and I can’t wait to see them in London next summer!

trout
    Free Member

Great comes within 2 miles of my house on day 1 and Half a mile on day 2

cheese@4p

Stage 2 goes right past my office window in Haworth so no need for a day off!

edlong
    Free Member

Not seen any reference to a prologue though?? Would be great for the kids to watch – was awesome in London the other year.

Not doing one this time, I’m afraid.

thepodge
    Free Member

This is likely to pass within half a mile of me but it’s on my wedding anniversary.

18 months to get some brownie points in

russianbob
    Free Member

Day one. Watch it go through Otley, the main lights should be interesting, then a pootle by bike over to Harrogate to catch the finish. Exciting.

thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

Inevitable Winge:

Why does it do two circles/out and backs? Why not do a vaguely straight route starting right up in Teesside, the NYM’s, then the Dales, then Leeds, Peaks, Sheffield.

That way more people would be within a short distance of the route (rather than a lower number twice).

djglover
    Free Member

Yeah, shame id didn’t cross NYM, but I’m not complaining being in Ilkley..

crazy-legs

Why does it do two circles/out and backs? Why not do a vaguely straight route starting right up in Teesside, the NYM’s, then the Dales, then Leeds, Peaks, Sheffield.

Logistics of road closures for the race itself and also moving the team buses, cars and trucks from start to finish (cos that requires it’s own road closure system).
    There’ll be other factors like what they want the route to look like, access points for the public, possibly even things like flight paths for the TV helicopters not to balls up everything in and out of Manchester, East Midlands, Leeds Bradford and Newcastle.

thepodge
    Free Member

Langsett to Bradfield is going to be interesting. Stupidly steep & narrow roads with 180 hairpins

tomhoward

Well, I’ll take a 5 minute walk to watch the finish in Harrogate on the saturday, walk to the end of my road to watch them whizz past on Sunday morning/lunchtime, then nip to my parents near Holmfirth to catch them again there.

Pleased much?

footflaps

Cool, goes past Parent’s cottage in Swaledale and Day 3 starts just down the road from my house!

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 65 total)

The topic ‘TDF route 2014..’ is closed to new replies.