• This topic has 51 replies, 27 voices, and was last updated 1 year ago by IHN.
Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 52 total)
  • Tour de France 2022 – Time to pass the baton
  • lunge

With 5 days to go until this weeks tour I feel that, after 6 years (I think) it’s time to pass the baton on to someone else for the daily threads.
    This years event looks like a great route and I look forward to following it from afar.

Tour de France Guide

ctk
    Free Member

Thankyou for the previous years!

fazzini

But whatever will we do without our daily @lunge??? 😉

Thanks for all the previous years 🙂

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    joshvegas
    Free Member

This is what happens when you get a dug.

Your life takes on new meaning

Superficial
    Free Member

Noooooo, and thank you for your service 🙂

crazy-legs

This is not acceptable – the Tour won’t be the same without the daily @lunge thread!
    Also, thanks for everything you’ve done over the previous years, they’ve always been great threads. 🙂

lunge

This is what happens when you get a dug.
    Your life takes on new meaning

Sadly, it’s more about a love of running taking over from a love of cycling…

Klunk
    Free Member

looks like Simon Yates has pulled out too ? though Julian Alaphilippe is going too make it! (obviously if these are accurate 😉 )

nbt

THanks for all the fish, @lunge

Looks like famed anti-vaxxer Peter Sagan will actually manage to race in the TDF, getting around the requirement in France that a professional sportsperson must be fully vaxxed by meeting the alternative requirement that they have recently contracted (and recovered) from COVID.

EDIT

though Julian Alaphilippe is going too make it! (obviously if these are accurate 😉 )

It seems not 🙁

Klunk
    Free Member

will they take Remco with a view to winning yellow in the opening ITT ?

fatboyjon

If they do take Remco and he takes yellow, is he wise enough to let it go or flog himself to keep it and let the team’s other targets suffer?

fatoldgit

And will they find a place for CAV ?

Seems foolish not to ( imho ) full on publicity for the sponsors when he gets the record stage win 🤞

cinnamon_girl

Will miss your excellent daily threads and thank you for making them essential viewing over the years.

Who’s going to step up? C’mon, don’t be shy.

dc1988

I’d also be surprised if they don’t select Cavendish given the publicity it will attract regardless of if he wins or not

tthew

Yes, I think it would be a great choice to get Cav to replace Lunge. Do you think STW can afford him?

granny_ring

Well Done and thanks for previous years lunge.
    Enjoy the running.

wheelsonfire1

Pass the bidon perhaps? As you’ve done with cycling and taken up running you might still need a baton?

kingofthetoys

Thanks for your previous years mate 👍🏻

AD

Thanks lunge – really appreciated all your efforts over the last few years!

fazzini
    Straightliner

Thanks Lunge, we’re really going to miss those brilliant updates!

I’ll respond to the other thread as well, but I’ve just created a fantasy league on Velogames (not the Tissot TdFsite).

League Name: STW TdF 2022
    League Code: 641308012

Klunk
    Free Member

funny ol’ team QSAV their top 3 rated riders don’t make the grade

nbt

The racers are dropping like flies already (everyone incl racers, team staff and journos have to provide negative antigen result 2 days before grand depart)

TiboPino and Tim declerq both test positive for CV even before the start

At least QuickStep are now taking one frenchman in Florian Seneschal, though like many others I’d have loved to see Alaphillipe fit enough to race. Shame that Cav was not selected…

Klunk
    Free Member

I’d have loved to see Alaphillipe fit enough to race.

he is for single days racing finishing13th whether you’d risk him over a more grueling 21 days perhaps not.

crazy-legs

I don’t mind picking the Daily Thread up if people are OK with that but with one caveat – I’m not able to do the weekend stages and that’s throughout the whole race…

cinnamon_girl

That would be fantastic @crazy-legs, thank you.

lunge

Awesome @crazy-legs.
    May I suggest you bookmark the following pages:
    https://www.cyclingstage.com/ – This is the best place to get the maps (they’re easy to hotlink from there) and the stage descriptions from.
    https://www.letour.fr/en/ – Official site, good for pics and general info
    https://inrng.com/ – The best pre-race previews
    https://cyclingtips.com/ – Used to be the best place for pics but a lot of behind a paywall now.

Bunnyhop

Thanks Lunge for the past 6 years.
    Thanks crazy-legs for stepping up (they will be hard shoes to fill), bonne chance.

nbt

Tibopino IS riding, he did test positive after Tour de Suisse as did Stefan Kung, but they’re both in the team

Klunk
    Free Member

interesting kit that Jumbo are wearing!

beej

Not as interesting as EF!

EF Rider

Riksbar

For a different view of the race,

The Bikeradar Lantern Rouge thread.

fazzini

Watching the team presentations yesterday Ineos have definitely missed a trick not having a Danish rider 😂 The reception for all the teams was amazing, but those with Danish riders was off the scale.

matt_outandabout

Cheers lunge, IANARR but enjoyed your threads through the years.

Here’s to the new boss, same as the old boss I hope…

nbt

Thanks for that @Riksbar, started reading last years thread and I’m hooked already

nbt

Few more covid positive tests – Samuele Battistela, Daryl Impey and Bryan Coquard all replaced ahead of the start. Expect more before the final deadline, then a glut over the first few days

fazzini
    nbt

Reminder that there’s TWO STW Velogames mini-leagues going – one started by @straightliner for the TDF and the generic Grand Tours league that I started ahead of the Giro

No fantasy tdf mini-league yet?

you have until 14:45 in the UK to register your team, you can jon the league(s) later

mrjmt
    Free Member

Phone enduced double post

mrjmt
    Free Member

So how long does that make it since the scratched avid brakes drama?!? 😜

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 52 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

New deal added to Members Discounts