Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 41 total)
  • Totally Awesome BO55… number plate. Yes really
  • thegeneralist
    Free Member

….ACK

On the M6, presumably heading back up to Glesga.

Proof if it were needed that the DVLA checkers are based south of the border( or west)

Splendid. First thought was Oh gowd another dickhead. And then … Chateau sir.

lister

My boss is called Ack.

mikewsmith
    Free Member

Nice one, saw another which had a printout of the plate in the square config stuck in the window to explain what it meant, pure class there

grtdkad

**chapeau ?

thegeneralist
    Free Member

Chevaux?

( horse?)

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Chap near me has GR05 CON as a plate, and often drives to his place in France.

w00dster

Saw a good one a few days ago, made me smile, Sx51 Dee (made to look like sxsi dee)
    And she was cute.

w00dster

Being a sheltered southern softie, I don’t get the B055 ACK reference….

Smudger666

Bawsack

winston
    Free Member

Still think the two unassuming middle aged ladies that came into my shop had one of the best I’ve seen. Thought they might be more than friends but that was definitely confirmed when I helped carry newly purchased kayak to the waiting VW Caravelle complete with the plate H8 COX….

genesiscore502011
    Free Member

Seen H20 ICE on a food refrigerated van. The 2 was also slightly dropped which was good 😀.

slackalice
    Free Member

On a black S-class Merc in a hotel car park a good few years ago ORG 45 M

Made me wonder what the owner did for a living…

whatgoesup

I saw this a couple of weeks ago.

[url=https://flic.kr/p/2fhFX4i]Untitled[/url] by markwsf, on Flickr

Daffy

Saw one on a white Range Rover which was KB14TCH which had been spaced to K B14TCH.

zippykona

GG WIN on a Bentley on the motorway and we used to work on a supra that had GAY 69 .

pondo

Saw a skanky old dirt bike years ago with BAD 80Y, and me dad told me about the boss of a farming company that had POT 8 0.

qtip

I’ve seen a Range Rover around here a few times with the plate G155 MAG. Always makes me chuckle, but I still can’t get my head around paying money for some letters and numbers to put on your car.

andytherocketeer

Around here (in Germany) there’s a Merc SLS with the plate DI-M 1

He’s obviously clever enough not to check for words in common languages.

Pretty cheap here to get personalised letters, so much so that everyone does it (much less than half a tank of fuel).

tomhoward

There’s an X5 round ‘ere with M155 MYX on. Not sure if they really liked a previous, similar vehicle or are having a hard time moving on from a break up….

bob_summers

Saddest one I saw was D1 BLO on a tatty purple Lambo (might’ve been a kit car, I wouldn’t know) which was ragged up and down Haringey Green Lanes every evening. If D14 BLO was already taken, you’d get something else, surely not Diblo.

Rant: Last time I hired a motor in the UK I couldn’t fathom how old it was or where it was registered. Is that not a thing anymore? Maybe I’m just sad but I miss being able to read ‘Barrow in Furness, 1976’ in a number plate 😀

The format changed here in Spain too. I was glad to get rid of my old SS San Sebastián one as it pretty much guaranteed getting stopped and searched in France in the old eta days.

squirrelking
    Free Member

Once saw a Porsche with the reg P45 BAD, somewhat at odds with the vehicle choice I thought unless it was a particularly sadistic HR bod.

tomhoward

Rant: Last time I hired a motor in the UK I couldn’t fathom how old it was or where it was registered. Is that not a thing anymore?

Still a thing. First two letters denote where registered, then the two numbers give the month (march or sept) and year.

It’s not obvious, but it’s there

bob_summers

^ Just looked it up, did not know that. Was weird how I could see 04 or 15 etc which seemed to tally with age, but then they throw 65 into the mix!

kilo

There’s a Father Ted fans Land Rover I’ve seen a few times with R55 FEK

kcal

Couple I’ve seen recently made me admire (and I don’t usually):

H 1 GHC – presumably an opera singer 🙂

I’m sure I saw one last month that spelt out C GROGAN but I’m now not sure how that’d work.
    – goes off into revery about Altered Images, Gregory’s Girl and er Crossroads..

PiknMix
    Free Member

There is a beautician near where I live with the number plate P16 SXY. It’s quite baffling as to what image she’s trying to portray.

BigJohn

We have a taxi in Stafford with L8 JOB and a carpet shop van selling roll ends with RO11 END

enmac
    Free Member

I see a decorators van quite regularly round here with PA11NTR.

CountZero

Saw a skanky old dirt bike years ago with BAD 80Y, and me dad told me about the boss of a farming company that had POT 8 0.

There’s a young-ish bloke lives in a terraced house not far from me, owns a white Bentley Continental with BAD 80Y on it, or something very much like it. It’s parked on what was a front garden, but the car sticks out so far it actually goes over the very narrow footpath almost into the road. As it’s a cul-de-sac, and narrow, most cars are parked on the footpath anyway, so it doesn’t make much difference.

Travis

Police Car This unmarked Police Car could do with a number plate change.

bails

I’ve seen GU55 ETT. Successful pants designer?

I saw a car on autotrader with the numberplate PH11 TUB. It was photographed on the car park of a hot tub showroom.

grtdkad

If I remember the structure correctly (it was 5/6 years ago) there was a Range Rover in Gateshead with the plate

W11 AYE

#gancanny

TurnerGuy
    Free Member

Surprised there are so many misspaced number plates around, surely that’s an easy hit for a fine, which is about £1k I think.

DezB
    Free Member

Quite a coincidence – outside the cinema just now was laughing at some pillock’s red truck with the number plate BO55 FUN.

TiRed

I was almost run off the road by SH 17 TER on a time trial in Great Missenden last year. Yes it was a slurry lorry. Wasn’t able to trace it either but the driving was as sh*t as his load.

hillingdonbanana
    Free Member

The other day I passed a large silver Mercedes with HER6E… the 6 was a bit dodgy, so I imagine the owner was Belgian, but all I could see was “HERSE” or “HERPES”.

lesgrandepotato

Saw BRA 38B in the village yesterday. Had no opportunity to confirm.

andy8442
    Free Member

There used to be a chap near me who had the plate R55 OLED. He had it on a number of nice cars, but I haven’t seen it for a few years. Maybe he’s grown up, or moved away.

ctk
    Free Member

HOU5E on a Rolls that belonged to an estate agent

10 BAG on a black Porsche 4X4 thingy that belonged to ?

BigJohn

The owner of RRP (the mudguard place) and the representative for SIS (sports gels) were parked outside Mammoth on Cannock Chase one time with the number plates BO55 RRP and S15 REP.
    I don’t know which car was who’s though.

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 41 total)

The topic ‘Totally Awesome BO55… number plate. Yes really’ is closed to new replies.