Viewing 14 posts - 41 through 54 (of 54 total)
  • Torq in your sleep
  • boltonjon

Thanks for the photos Muke 🙂

Great event – tough new course and very dusty – I’ve never consciously wanted some rain!!

The competitors were great, both with passing or being passed. Really cool atmosphere and a massive thumbs up to the organisers John, Si, Pete & Roger 🙂

Was really happy to get on a Gorrick podium in the mixed 3 hour race (from a pretty small field…) 🙂

[/url]Race by boltonjon, on Flickr[/img]

Gee-Jay
    Free Member

LinkMore pics

akira

Think I chatted to you Bolton Jon, on one fatty doing solo six hour. Cramp on fifth lap so glorious last place but enjoyed it.

Kryton57

Talking of which, is the tall Flouro Specilized head to toe Northerner who seemed to recognise me on hear – I’m not sure who you are? Sorry to have appeared dense but I went deaf in my right ear last week so didn’t catch anything you said other than my name.

patagonian
    Free Member

Came 7th in the 12 hour vet 4’s. Thought it was a great course, pretty fast with a few dusty sections towards the end but given the conditions to be expected.
    I didn’t think it was very rooty but I do live there and know where they all are!

Overtaking was very well done with only a couple of occasions where someone cut it too fine.
    Great event and I really love the whole weekend, even though we could walk home we always camp.

My only negative comment would be the toilets – need a few more to spread the load.

patagonian
    Free Member

Boltonjon ………what were you guys carrying in those bags?

boltonjon

Akiri – yep – spoke to you near the MountainTrax tent

Good work solo on a fatty – nutter!!

Patagonia – essential bivi equipment – you can never be too prepared 🙂

notmyrealname
    Free Member

A big thanks to (notmyrealname) and wife for giving such massive support as we weren’t the most organised.

No problem mate, happy to help. See you again next year? 😆

My only criticism – toilets! 4 toilets for the main camping field was not enough, especially when they weren’t cleaned/emptied and – how can I put this – the levels were visibily rising!

It’s been the same every year I’ve done Torq, always a serious lack of toilets and the ones they have are always out of paper and full before the race even starts. There’s never any sign of the turd transporter either to clean them and resupply them!
    At least they save a few £££ by not hiring more though 🙁

Kryton57

patagonian – Member
    …even though we could walk home…

Someone wasn’t trying hard enough… 😉

natrix
    Free Member

Great news that it is carrying on in future years 😀

I really enjoyed the course and much preferred it to last years, although that’s just my own personal preference……..

natrix
    Free Member

Was really happy to get on a Gorrick podium in the mixed 3 hour race

There was a 3 hour race????? 😯

jeff

I saw the toilet lorry + they got a clean + new rolls.

Emptied in the nick of time in the quiet field 🙂

Always keep a loo roll in the van… you never know when you’ll need it!

shortcut

Great event – loved it. Good course and organisation and a fantastic team to race with too.

boltonjon

Was really happy to get on a Gorrick podium in the mixed 3 hour race
    There was a 3 hour race?????

I meant mixed group of 3 12 hour race 🙂

Viewing 14 posts - 41 through 54 (of 54 total)

The topic ‘Torq in your sleep’ is closed to new replies.