Viewing 40 posts - 641 through 680 (of 1,165 total)
  • Top Gear's Clarkson suspended by BBC
  • HoratioHufnagel
    Free Member

If the BBC think that the the US, Australia, France etc.. can produce “Top Gear” without Jeremy Clarkson, then surely they can do the same here.

z1ppy

Cause they done so well…

After only half of the first series, broadcasting of the Russian version ceased due to viewers’ criticism.

The Australian version has received lacklustre reviews…. Top Gear Australia was cancelled in September 2011.

but yeah the American/South Korea/China/France versions are obviously raking it in for the BBC

nealglover
    Free Member

Just sayin…

Cool.

And in two and a half years, they will have as many supporters as clarkson got in less than a week 😉

grum
    Free Member

How insightful…

nealglover
    Free Member

Err….. Thanks ?

sands
    Free Member
    epicyclo

On reflection I thought suspending him was a bit extreme.

Surely a good beating would have been better than hanging him?

cloudnine
    Free Member

muddy9mtb
    retro83
    Free Member

muddy9mtb – Member

apologies for reawakening the thread (maybe not :o) get your 3d printed jeremey clarkson hungry hippos here

shame they look more like a gurning Jimmy Carr

Klunk
    Free Member

What about Chris Barrie as the Clarksons replacement ?

can be mildly amusing on occasion, check
    makes weird facial expressions to camera, check
    likes cars and planes and stuff, check
    wears sheep skin jackets, check

Kryton57

If only for the tentative “ladism” and rubbery face link – May I suggest Martin Clunes?

cheekymonkey888
    Free Member

just get clunes, morrissey and enfield! Old school men behaving badly.

nickc

LOL ing at the over 40 hetro males on this thread suggesting replacements to their alpha male representative so that their Sunday evening behaviour reinforcement programming can continue…

Top work chaps, repeat after me: I am not the same as you, we have the same life, but this life is different, this life is mine… (in the style of the Marine Creed)

😆

project
    Free Member

In a recent text to Piers Morgan he asked for an end to hostilities,his first ex wife is chasing him, his mother has just died, his show has been suspended, top gear live, and Top Gear the tv has been suspended, along with himself.

But before the start of the above, had anyone noticed a change is behaviour,a bit more erratic and not so politically correct,unusual outbursts that seemed to take the other preesenters unaware etc.

Just perhaps Jeremey is suffering from the effects of stress and has just suddenly snapped with the producer incident.Or is on the point of a nervous breakdown.

andyrm
    Free Member

^^ in which case, I’d hope all the do gooders at the BBC and all the various left leaning protesters will reappraise their position and say he is in need of support. But as we know all too well, the PC dogma is strong and apparently unchallengeable……

ransos
    Free Member

But as we know all too well, the PC dogma is strong and apparently unchallengeable……

You don’t “know” it and you certainly don’t speak for me.

RustySpanner

project – Member
    In a recent text to Piers Morgan he asked for an end to hostilities,his first ex wife is chasing him, his mother has just died, his show has been suspended, top gear live, and Top Gear the tv has been suspended, along with himself.

It’s awful losing a parent and holding it together at work is very hard indeed when you’re grieving.

As to the rest, if he can’t deal with the consequences he shouldn’t go shagging around and twatting people, should he?

Giving people carte blanche to behave how they like without any responsibility for their actions, just because you identify with them, seems crass beyond belief.

nealglover
    Free Member

Giving people carte blanche to behave how they like without any responsibility for their actions, just because you identify with them, seems crass beyond belief.

Is there two pages stuck together or something ?

I’ve not read anyone saying that.

RustySpanner

I believe there was a popular petition to that effect?
    🙂

lemonysam
    Free Member

^^ in which case, I’d hope all the do gooders at the BBC and all the various left leaning protesters will reappraise their position and say he is in need of support. But as we know all too well, the PC dogma is strong and apparently unchallengeable……

He may well be stressed. If I was stressed and lamped a colleague I’d be suspended pending an investigation. They should do that.

yunki
    Free Member

never ‘eard of ‘im

project
    Free Member

and they have, unless you live under a mushroom.

nealglover
    Free Member

I believe there was a popular petition to that effect?

Apologies. I presumed you were replying to a post on here, rather than musing at the Internet in general.

RustySpanner

Sorry, I should have made that clear.
    I’m sure absolutely no-one on here would be daft enough to sign such a thing.

😀

jekkyl

best case would be different presenter every week, a la HIGNFY.
    Martin Clunes, Steve Coogan, Guy Martin, Rowan Atkinson, etc.
    Who else?

ninfan
    Free Member

Yes, I’m sure that a rolling cycle of B list British celebs with flagging careers will keep the huge worldwide audience that contribute millions to the BBC coffers interested…

Netflix will be laughing all the way to the bank!

grum
    Free Member

Is there two pages stuck together or something ?

I’ve not read anyone saying that.

Apologies. I presumed you were replying to a post on here, rather than musing at the Internet in general.

andyrm suggested it already way back in the thread – that because Clarkson earns lots of money for the BBC he should be allowed to get away with stuff that other people wouldn’t. He’s also just implied that he should get ‘support’ rather than being disciplined but that he won’t because of a PC conspiracy. Others have expressed similar sentiments on this thread.

Don’t start with that weird passive-aggressive pseudo-trolling thing again. 🙄

The PC dogma at the BBC is so unchallengeable that the poor dears can’t even use insults like pikey, or use racist terms like slope and ****, or go to Romania and make racist generalisations about gypsies. Oh no wait they can do that.

Seems like PC hasn’t gone anywhere near mad enough.

mefty
    Free Member

Who else?

Ron Atkinson, Jim Davidson, Bobby Davro, Freddy Starr

Junkyard
    Free Member

Don’t start with that weird passive-aggressive pseudo-trolling thing again

THIS

You know what he meant , we all did.

nealglover
    Free Member

Actually I, quite reasonably, assumed he was replying directly to Project’s post (because that’s the one he quoted)

Which didn’t say anything about giving people carte Blanche to do whatever they want.

Don’t see how that classes as “”passive aggressive pseudo-trolling”

Stoner
    Free Member

Telegraph seem to have got their hands on the leak of the outcome:

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/celebritynews/11493270/Jeremy-Clarkson-to-be-sacked-by-the-BBC.html

Junkyard
    Free Member

Not really a surprise though is it he went ape shit pissed up at staff then hit him after shouting racial motivated abuse

I dont think it PC gone mad to say you always get sacked when you do this Whether you love or loathe the man or the show its irrelevant; you cannot behave like that at work.

As it says the BBC had no choice.

It is understood a report into the so-called ‘fracas’ at a North Yorkshire hotel, concluded that presenter spent 20 minutes verbally abusing producer Oisin Tymon, before launching a 30 second physical assault on him…..And while he made the decision with a heavy heart, sources said he felt he had been left with no choice after an internal investigation concluded Clarkson had attacked a junior member of staff

bikebouy
    Free Member

Chris
    Evans

😛

nealglover
    Free Member

Seems fair enough. Will be interesting to see if May and Hammond go with him to do whatever he does next as with same lineup.

maccruiskeen

Who else?

Ron Atkinson, Jim Davidson, Bobby Davro, Freddy Starr

Vanessa Feltz, Gok Wan, Jamelia, Russell Grant, Stacy Dooley and Maureen from Driving School

And of course Chorlton

mikewsmith
    Free Member

Good one for the beeb on the moral high ground leaking the report there….

mattrgee
    Free Member

Clarkson, 54, will be thanked for his work on the hugely popular motoring show, but will be told such behaviour cannot be tolerated at the Corporation.

Ah the good old BBC. Only there do you keep your job if you’re a kiddy fiddler, but lose it if you have an aggressive temperament and a penchant for steak and chips.

chewkw
    Free Member

Top Gear in BBC is over without JC.

Chris Evans is a definite no no not just because he has £80 million and drives fancy cars but he does not command the “boy racing” world. He is a hairdresser. I will certainly not watch it.

Even 5th Gear is better than the radio DJ.

If I were of non-BBC channel I would get him in quick as he is a cash cow then give the show a new name like Fast Wheels or something …

Bye bye BBC go suck an egg.

😆

Viewing 40 posts - 641 through 680 (of 1,165 total)

The topic ‘Top Gear's Clarkson suspended by BBC’ is closed to new replies.