Viewing 40 posts - 681 through 720 (of 1,165 total)
  • Top Gear's Clarkson suspended by BBC
  • Junkyard
    Free Member

Or clarkson has seen it and his team leaked it or it was possibly the easiest thing in the world to predict they would sack him but wished they did not have to.

Only there do you keep your job if you’re a kiddy fiddler, but lose it if you have an aggressive temperament and a penchant for steak and chips.

Would you like to defend JC rather than attack the BBC? lets hear the case for why its ok to hit folk whilst racially abusing them at work

whatnobeer
    Free Member

Sack him then sell the show to Netflix to coin it in. What ever. I enjoyed TG but it’s clear that it’s time has come to an end. I’m sure the BBC could come up with a good motoring show but it can’t be TG and it definitely can’t be as dull as 5th gear…

Drac

And of course Chorlton

And the Wheelies.

Sources close to him said he had been approached.

chewkw
    Free Member

Junkyard – lazarus

Or clarkson has seen it and his team leaked it or it was possibly the easiest thing in the world to predict they would sack him but wished they did not have to.

Of course he does not want to go but then if he is faced with the ZM bureaucrats what else can he do apart from preparing for disappointment. I think he knows someone is waiting for the right moment to get rid of him considering all the PR disasters he gave recently. But then we like him for being a disaster unlike those nicely polished PC idealistic ZMs with power.

maccruiskeen

Good one for the beeb on the moral high ground leaking the report there….

‘according to well placed sources’ is journalism talk for ‘if we told you who our source was you’d laugh’

teamhurtmore
    Free Member

Program was getting tired but still a good end to a Sunday.

The quality of the Beeb mgt will be seen if they make the mistake in trying to create without JC. Like him or hate him, he was TG. So much better to kill the whole thing off now.

mattrgee
    Free Member

Would you like to defend JC rather than attack the BBC? lets hear the case for why its ok to hit folk whilst racially abusing them at work

No, I’d rather attack the BBC, Clarkson is lost cause.

Junkyard
    Free Member

So you agree with them but you are attacking them 😕

odd

FeeFoo
    Free Member

He’s not even a real racist bully.

Oh, hang on…

aracer
    Free Member

getting? 😯

cookeaa

This is fantastic news if you’re Jeremy Clarkson I would have Thought.

Wriggle out of your contract with auntie in a blaze of publicity, toddle off to do the same thing on one of Rupert’s channels for a bit more money, quietly get the axe after a couple of series when the figures start to slip, spend the rest of your time sharing “forthright opinions” in print and occasionally turning up on panel shows to remind everyone you’re not dead yet…

Live the dream like a meeja God!

Drac

Wriggle out of your contract with auntie in a blaze of publicity,

His contract was due for renewal.

chewkw
    Free Member

If I were a celebrity with commanding audience and you serve me cold meal with cold chips at the end of a hard day’s work, I will make sure I kick the shite out of you to warm my blood up. 😈

Car programme cannot get tired unless one one is driving anymore.

maccruiskeen

This is fantastic news if you’re Jeremy Clarkson I would have Thought.

Wriggle out of your contract with auntie in a blaze of publicity, toddle off to do the same thing on one of Rupert’s channels for a bit more money, quietly get the axe after a couple of series when the figures start to slip, spend the rest of your time sharing “forthright opinions” in print and occasionally turning up on panel shows to remind everyone you’re not dead yet…

Live the dream like a meeja God!

And there was me thinking he’d end up on Talk Sport

mattrgee
    Free Member

So you agree with them but you are attacking them

Seems the BBC can tolerate pedos but not aggressive employees.

Northwind

Which paedophiles is the BBC tolerating?

Drac

Seems the BBC can tolerate pedos but not aggressive employees.

After 20 pages I can’t believe you’re the first to say that. Ah now wait!

ernie_lynch
    Free Member

Ah the good old BBC. Only there do you keep your job if you’re a kiddy fiddler

Sometimes there are some stunningly moronic comments on here. How do some people think them up? 🙂

doh
    Free Member

It’s a shame clarkson already leaked the news several times in his paper columns. And at that charidee doo last week.
    All three of them out of contract I’m guessing it’s the end even if the beeb manage to find some petrol head dreamteam it won’t last on telly.
    Think this could be a winner for Netflix with a new car based prog featuring 3 middle aged men. It will also stop the many asshats complaining in here that they managed to watch a prog they detest every Sunday night.

no_eyed_deer
    Free Member

I think the Gruniad got it right in their appraisal of who should replace JC on TG:

jimster01

Could be be the next Pierced Organ? Controversial/self-opinionated bigot gets himself sacked from chosen profession only to turn up a few months later in a new more lucrative position working for the other side?

Hope it’s Sky

samuri
    Free Member

Sorry, I should have made that clear.
    I’m sure absolutely no-one on here would be daft enough to sign such a thing.

I’m going with 50% of STW visitors signing, minimum.

colp

We all thought Baywatch was over when they got rid of Erika Eleniak.
    Then Pamela Anderson came along.
    They just need to find a bigger t!t than JC, will take some doing.

hora
    Free Member

Rewatched a 09 episode last night: Aston/Porsche/Mass 4dr shootout. Very watchable and funny quips. No slapstick etc. JC was entertaining etc

What TG became was something else. It cant be reinvented into a car show or slapstick again. Its gone. People will always say ‘yes but JC did it better’.

Itll be put down IMO.

As for the Gernan driver. Could you watch an hour of her talking?

Muke
    Free Member

Chris Evans couldn’t fit his ego into the studio

bikebouy
    Free Member

If all the BBC do is finish off the last couple of episodes and require a replacement, and not Chris Evans, then I’m putting forward this impeccable Lady…
    Bringing her in could open up a whole new audience for the Beeb…

I give you the gorgeous Lucy….. 😉

hora
    Free Member

bloke in a wig?

bikebouy
    Free Member

😛

ninfan
    Free Member

Chris Evans couldn’t fit his ego into the studio

how easily they forget what happened last time they gave Evans an ‘edgy’ programme to run!

I reckon that Shaun Ryders appearance on ‘star in a reasonably priced car’ will be the end of it…

mikewsmith
    Free Member

[video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2mgPnTUkJqA[/video]
    NSFW

Flaperon

As to the rest, if he can’t deal with the consequences he shouldn’t go shagging around and twatting people, should he?

#

You can’t condone it. Obviously you can’t.

But you might be able to understand it. Fatigue plays on people in different ways and proper fatigue, not just tiredness, really messes with both emotions and the ability to control them. Add to that a phenomenal amount of stress as alluded to above, health problems, possibly having to deal with someone who’s a moron, and unfortunately you can see why he snapped.

I’ve no doubt he regrets it. And it needs to be dealt with appropriately. But appropriately also means sympathetically, if necessary.

ninfan
    Free Member

Yep, given the fact that senior BBC executives hava aparrently that he was suffering from ‘increasingly erratic’ behaviour due to issues in his private life, was in ‘self destruct mode’ and ‘needed to go to rehab’ then you could very easily argue that the BBC had failed in their duty of care to both him and the rest of the crew!

I wonder how many hours Clarkson had worked that day? How much rest he had since the previous days work? working time regs anyone? Health and safety?

Remove the ‘Clarkson’ issue from it and view the issue dispassionately, and you start seeing all sorts of things that would be questionable in a normal working environment – the leaking of the ‘eeny meeny miney moe’ video by someone with access to it, the public announcement of his suspension for a ‘fracas’ with the inevitable press speculation, the cancellation of the last three shows before they had even investigated the facts, the off the record briefings and Jimmy savile comments. Etc. I’m sure there will be all sort of contractual issues regards employment status whether disciplinary issues on his ‘talent’ contract allows them to suspend or sack him from his seperate ‘worldwide’ contract for the TG live shows etc.

I don’t think the BBC are going to come out of this well at all

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

then you could very easily argue

No, you could Zulu-Eleven. I don’t suppose you’d be hoping that,

…the BBC are [not] going to come out of this well at all.

Nah, your likes would never be hoping for that kind of thing, would you? I take it from your sweeping conclusions that you were privy to the details of the investigation? Sit in on the hearings did you?

ninfan
    Free Member

What sweeping conclusions?

I think you’re possibly so tied up in trying to play the man rather than the ball that you’ve not even read the post Darcy, though you clearly had to edit the last sentence before quoting it in an effort to make it say something that you wanted it to say but didn’t, which really seems rather obtuse.

your likes

What do you mean by that? Jewish, black or gay?

zippykona

I never thought ac/dc would survive with a new singer. They’ve muddled through.

maxtorque

Has anyone actually asked the guy who got assaulted what he would like to happen? Somehow, i doubt it……..

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

Zulu, the edit was to turn the quote to a negative and make it fit the sentence. hence the []s, which yours originally was. I apologise unreservedly if it was a bit too subtle for you. If you need further explanation, let me know, but I expect you’re too busy going over the report of the investigation.

Playing the man… 😆

You do give me a bit of a boner when you show your sensitive side. Don’t ever hide it for too long.

just5minutes
    Free Member

It’s very disappointing that over a million people have signed a petition to protect someone who reportedly spent half an hour verbally abusing a subordinate and then assaulted him.

Irrespective of JCs comedy banter and jovial blokish behaviour no-one should have to put up with that sort of behaviour in the workplace.

hora
    Free Member

All the papers/websites etc have printed ‘alleged assaulted’. I do question why its taken ‘an investigation’ this long. I imagine JC is staying silent for a reason. i.e. Lawyers galore at the BBC/JC running around.

Suspending him immediately- it may bite Cohen on his bum. Artistically its a tired format/show however its a massive audience winner. He’ll come under fire if he isn’t replacing it with something that is of real value to his employers; The licence fee payer.

mikewsmith
    Free Member

its a tired format/show however its a massive audience winner.

a bit like this thread, same thing page after page after page, but all these posts must mean it’s popular…

Viewing 40 posts - 681 through 720 (of 1,165 total)

The topic ‘Top Gear's Clarkson suspended by BBC’ is closed to new replies.