Viewing 33 posts - 41 through 73 (of 73 total)
  • Top Gear… anybody?
  • mudshark
    Free Member

Jokes about Skodas? Like the recent episode where JC really praised the Yeti?

And the Roomster – I’ve just ordered one!

rewski
    Free Member

IanW – I totally agree, throw in some factual music docs on BBC4 and cookery progs and that’s enough TV for me.

If you do want to over analyse then actually the TG trio are actually very good comedy actors, the way they set up the pranks is both entertaining for a 6 and 60 year old. TG hasn’t been factual for years.

Now can we get back to discussing Masterchef.

Ha ha a Roomster. Jeez they are fugly

mastiles_fanylion
    Free Member

I dont watch it. But watched it tonight as brother in law was round and it was crap.

Ahh, sorry. Fair enough – fair point. You have seen one episode so you know it is rubbish.
    😕

DezB
    Free Member

You know, if you hate it that badly, you could write in to Points of View

What, so we shouldn’t actually respond to a thread on a forum that we frequent, where our opinion is asked for? Ah, I see…
    😕

mudshark
    Free Member

Ha ha a Roomster. Jeez they are fugly

Yep but drove well and really practical and frugal – 49.6 mixed mpg for petrol, nicely put together too given the price – also 20% off but a 4 month waiting list. Probably helped that I’d just tried a C3 Picasso that I hated so anything would seem better really.

PimpmasterJazz
    Free Member

I enjoyed it. Not the best one ever (and Clarkson was a little creepy while Amber was on – a little too much “Rar! Bi-sexual woman! Must make stereotypical lager drinking lesbian comments!”) but it was otherwise semi-amusing entertainment.

But I think “entertainment” is the key word there.

LHS
    Free Member

You have seen one episode so you know it is rubbish

I’ve watched every episode and can definitly see the decline.

mastiles_fanylion
    Free Member

I’ve watched every episode and can definitly see the decline.

I have to agree – it certainly isn’t as good as it was (by some degree). But it is still good Sunday night brainless entertainment and better than most things on the box (apart from most natural history/nature stuff).

But it amuses that every week people come on here telling us all how rubbish it is – why don’t they all do as ‘Why Don’t You’ once told us ‘Switch off your television set and go do something more interesting instead’.

LHS
    Free Member

The season 13 ending with the Aston V12 Vantage was one of the last great episodes apart from the special challenges they do.

For anyone who hasn’t seen it, youtube it.

ski
    Free Member

Hammond giggling

Thats all he seems to do now!

Yep its starting to go downhill a bit for mee too, still watch it mind.

Funny thing is the older I get the more I enjoy James May part 😉

There was talk of one of the three leaving a while back, not sure there was any truth in it mind, does anyone know?

Lewis Hamilton driving Ayrton Senna’s McLaren has to be my favourite.

5thElefant
    Free Member

(and Clarkson was a little creepy while Amber was on – a little too much “Rar! Bi-sexual woman! Must make stereotypical lager drinking lesbian comments!”)

Watch it again. That was all in your own mind. Which I’d find a bit worrying 😯

BoardinBob

I still like it but they jumped the shark a few years ago, mainly by raising the bar with some excellent specials (Vietnam, the North Pole) and they haven’t bettered them since.

It’s still preferable to any reality tv.

GlitterGary
    Free Member

My favourite bit is watching the audience not laughing at anything Jeremy, The Hamster ™, or James May say.

The canned laughter is good though.

redthunder
    Free Member

They should of used this one…

Better bigger:
    http://static.zooomr.com/images/9807608_b75c73e3e6_o.jpg

MartynS

The season 13 ending with the Aston V12 Vantage was one of the last great episodes apart from the special challenges they do.

that was one of the finest short films I’ve seen in ages. Still don’t know how they did the in car stuff it was inspired.

FeeFoo
    Free Member

But it amuses that every week people come on here telling us all how rubbish it is – why don’t they all do as ‘Why Don’t You’ once told us ‘Switch off your television set and go do something more interesting instead’

See that would be fine if I wasn’t interested in the cars. But I am.

I also love F1 and the BBC have made it better than ever… except I hated Legard as the main commentator.

So, as long as the BBC send those three tedious gimps on TG the same way as Legard, I’ll watch it every week.

Hammond’s a bit of a snivelling creature, but I like Clarkson & May

IdleJon

5thElefant – Member

(and Clarkson was a little creepy while Amber was on – a little too much “Rar! Bi-sexual woman! Must make stereotypical lager drinking lesbian comments!”)

Watch it again. That was all in your own mind. Which I’d find a bit worrying

No it wasn’t in PimpmasterJazz’s mind. Clarkson was acting like a perv. I’d suggest that the fact that YOU can’t see it is more than a little worrying.

Clarkson implied that he was thinking of Heard naked – is that acceptable behaviour in your world?

Clarkson implied that he was thinking of Heard naked – is that acceptable behaviour in your world?

Oh ffs…

IdleJon

TheArtistFormerlyKnownAsSTR – Member

Oh ffs…

Constructive!

But you can say ‘ffs’ all you want – if you tried doing what Clarkson did in your workplace you’d probably be sacked.

He’s a middle aged man being a perv to a young woman – I thought we’d got past that on the tv. The fact that he’s only doing it for controversy is irrelevant.

But given that STW has a weekly thread of semi-naked women for the middle aged men on here to ogle at, I’m probably typing on the wrong forum..

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

IJ makes a good point. I found the interview skin crawlingly creepy tbh. Well, not just creepy. Let’s just say “shit” because that’s what it was.

ditch_jockey
    Free Member

He’s a middle aged man being a perv to a young woman

That whole interview came across as a bit ‘off’, mainly because of the age gap between them; it was all a bit American Beauty. It wasn’t helped by the impression she’s a bit of a ‘try hard’ with all the guff about being a gun-toting, charger drivin’ lesbian, then turning in a pretty dire lap time while wearing black studded gloves.

Inbred456
    Free Member

The BMW 330 Diesel in the 24HR race was the best one I’ve ever seen EPIC!

epicyclo

What’s really funny is people getting upset about cars not being taken seriously.

They’re just transportation boxes.

Surely no-one would want to watch a programme about mpg and revs – thought they’d already tried it. So Top Gear has to be comedy and satire to get an audience.

Guybrush
    Free Member

I think that the guy that picks the music earns his money. This week we had John Murphy, Vangelis, and, er, Terrorvision.

I went to the filming of the episode with the Alfas with my mum. Hans Zimmer’s “Leave No Man Behind” is the most moving thing I have ever heard, not least because I subsequently had it played it at my mum’s funeral. We left the crematorium to Brian Eno’s “An Ending (Ascent).”

Pook

I still like it but they jumped the shark a few years ago, mainly by raising the bar with some excellent…

you can’t jump the shark by doing something excellent can you???

Fonzy jumped the shark by doing something rubbish ie: water ski jumping over a shark, which snapped the credibility of Happy Days.

The specials have all been ace.

duntmatter
    Free Member

Oh, look. Two fools.

CharlieMungus
    Free Member

I thought clarkson hated hated all that Dual Fool nonsense

DezB
    Free Member

But given that STW has a weekly thread of semi-naked women for the middle aged men on here to ogle at, I’m probably typing on the wrong forum..

I haven’t seen that one! Have you got a link!?

monkey_boy
    Free Member

watched it last night, another great episode.

what makes it all the more enjoyable are all the moaners who hate clarkson… if you want to push yourself over the edge read one of his books.

The season 13 ending with the Aston V12 Vantage was one of the last great episodes

i agree, was bloody great!

BoardinBob

you can’t jump the shark by doing something excellent can you???

It doesn’t refer to doing something excellent.

Jumping the shark is an idiom used to denote when a particular production effort has surpassed its relevance and reached a point of decline

See, I like Clarkson, but would never tire of punching Moyles’ face in.

Viewing 33 posts - 41 through 73 (of 73 total)

The topic ‘Top Gear… anybody?’ is closed to new replies.